CIO Advisory Consulting Graduate Programme London 2024
Technology underpins how our clients deliver their services and run their organisations and as a result, they face many new opportunities and challenges associated with this digital transformation (for example moving to the cloud, securing their networks and infrastructure, or adopting new technologies).
Wavestone’s role is to help our clients to introduce new approaches to address these opportunities and challenges through engagements such as defining strategies, performing risk assessments, managing projects / programmes, sourcing vendors or conducting cost-benefit analyses.
As a CIO Advisory Analyst at Wavestone, you will typically support Wavestone engagement teams and our clients by building deliverables, helping run workshops, gathering information and requirements, as well as working alongside client stakeholders to ensure the smooth running of projects.
In the UK, the majority of our clients are Financial Services Institutions, but we also have experience working in transport, energy, retail and public sector among other industries.
As part of CIO Advisory Graduate programme, you will assist clients and your project lead in the following areas:
- IT strategy and risks: Lead IT Blueprints and Strategic frameworks and Development of Enterprise Architecture function (IT strategy and strategic roadmaps, Transformation & Target operating model, IT risk)
- Cloud and Infrastructure: Frame and Steer deployment of cloud-based IT architectures (Cloud adoption & Infra transformation, FinOps & AI Ops, Tech debt, DataCentre & Cloud exit strategy, etc.)
- Connectivity: Leverage Emerging networks/ telecoms technologies to support IS/IT transformation (NextGen networks, mobility, Operational tech, Management & Automation, etc.)
- Digital Workplace: Lead Strategic frameworks, Design and Deploy the digital workplace (Workplace technology, Behaviour and change adoption, Sustainable technology)
Your key responsibilities
- Project Management: Demonstrating efficient organisational and time management skills by ensuring deadlines are met, communicating the progress status of tasks, and understanding project management processes (decision cycle, operating model etc.)
- Business development: Demonstrating knowledge of clients’ business sector, news and competitive environment as well as having awareness of one’s personal role as an ambassador of Wavestone
- People development: Contributing to creating a pleasant and professional working environment (team player), actively develop skills and solicit feedback from your project manager, embody all Wavestone’s values
- Contribute to various internal activities (Marketing, Third Party Articles, CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility), etc.)
- Students graduating in 2023 or those who have already graduated and now have up to 12 months experience
- Natural curiosity about how technology can solve business problems and have an interest in working on projects in cybersecurity and operational resilience
- Interest in a client facing role with a solid understanding of what consulting entails
- Good communication skills and the ability to foster relationships, build trust and work collaboratively
- Good use of Microsoft Office 365; Excel and PowerPoint
- You need to be eligible to live and work in the UK at the point of joining. Wavestone do not offer visa sponsorship for this position
Our commitment: Wavestone values and Positive Way
- An ability to make an impact in a high-growth business in the US, UK and European markets, by getting involved in business development, contributing to our value propositions and helping to shape culture by working on internal activities
- A clear career path (Wavestone horizon)
- A competitive compensation package (Benchmarked against industry standards) and transparent salary policy with published milestone salaries
- Multiple training opportunities
- Bespoke and personalised support by a dedicated Career Development Manager
- Internal mobility opportunities (between countries & practices)
- A generous referral programme to hire more awesome people like you!
- An opportunity to work in a collaborative and positive team within a flat structured environment, without any internal barriers
- Be part of a company with a strong people culture. Our team loves to build connections through monthly team meetings, forums, committees, clubs and regular events such as our monthly team socials, summer and winter parties and annual ski trip
Responsibility & Ethics
- A flexible work environment: work from home/office flexibility
- A strong commitment to our CSR strategy and initiatives
- Importance on work life balance: Paid time-off, parental leave and a culture that encourages time off to be taken
- £37,000 base salary eligible for a fixed £2,000 bonus in your first year
- Benefits include 4% company pension, private health and dental cover, life insurance, company share scheme and additional flexible benefits you can select from such as additional holidays, subsidised gym, subscriptions to wellbeing apps or Netflix
- 25 days annual leave + 1 week off for your wedding / civil ceremony