Technology Internship 2021
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
Our EMEA Technology Internship Program aims to identify and develop talent for future technology roles. The program will combine on-the-job experience with formal development activities. Candidates will also benefit from mentorship and networking opportunities with executives which enable them to gain valuable industry insight.
Extended responsibilities will include tasks that impact strategy, projects and operational stability in areas such Capital Markets Technology, Information Cyber Security, and Technology Platforms and Risk management.
The program provides a unique perspective into how technology operates, partnering with the business to develop and deliver value-added products and services, and will run as a virtual program for 10 weeks. During our Covid-19 operating model, office visits may be arranged providing it is permitted by government lockdown guidelines and Wells Fargo Health & Safety procedures.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Undergraduate students in their penultimate year of studies at university
- Degree in engineering, math, or a computer related field
- Fluency in English language – both written and spoken
- Ability to work independently with limited amount of guidance and directions
- Self-starter and a team player with a focus on results
- Well organized with the ability to multi-tasks in meeting demanding deadlines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to articulate ideas and findings clearly, both verbally and in writing, to all levels
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
- Prior industrial/work experience
- Knowledge of Project Management practices and process
- Experience in technology delivery and relationship management within a client focused organization
Selected applicants will be contacted by Wells Fargo HR representatives and invited to attend the interview stages.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.