Solar Renewable Energy Consultant Glasgow 2024
Join us on the renewables revolution and help tackle climate change. You won’t just be helping make a world of difference, you’ll be creating a bright future for yourself too! Wood is recruiting for a Solar Renewable Energy consultant to join its advisory services team.
The Renewables centre of excellence is based in Glasgow; however, we recognise the value of remote and hybrid working so are open to applications throughout the UK.
Join a culture of innovation, pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients.
Our Solar Renewable Energy Consultant (RECs) will undertake specific tasks relating to the delivery of a portfolio of due diligence assignments for Solar PV projects at the direction of the project manager and or team leaders.
This will enable the assessment of large scale Solar PV projects on behalf of our clients. Through a collaborative approach with multi-discipline teams, the RECs will project manage and support with the production of a professional and detailed report exacting the client’s requirements.
The breadth of work across our business will provide you with an opportunity to work across a wide range of projects, expanding your knowledge and expertise within the renewables and energy transition sector.
As part of your development, you will be assigned a mentor from within the renewables business having the opportunity to learn directly from an expert within their field.
Our clients and projects
It’s a future for all of us. We aspire to shape a better tomorrow by unlocking solutions that address the biggest challenges facing our clients and our society.
Our clients are world class banks and investors, who are committed to financing renewable energy projects worldwide. Our work takes the form of bank financing for development stage projects, or it could be advising buy, or sell-side clients looking to invest or divest from renewables projects, at any stage in the project lifecycle.
We advise clients as they navigate through transactions, which are making the energy transition possible.
- Assessing Solar PV projects on behalf of lenders, investors, and other project stakeholders
- Working within multi-disciplinary teams of engineers and other technical staff in the completion of due diligence assignments, under the direction and supervision of project managers
- Attending client meetings and undertaking site visits within the UK and globally
- Author and complete report sections within project deadlines, and scope requirements
- Support the development of proposals to secure new work
You may read these details and are potentially thinking about not applying due to not having every single skill, knowledge or experience listed, and that’s understandable. However, we’d still like to hear from you...
At Wood, we understand and acknowledge that everyone is different, and we are committed to equal opportunities and want to access all of the talent that is out there. We are committed to attracting a broad range of skills, knowledge and experiences and embrace differences.
So even if you feel you don’t have everything listed, but feel you have some of the experience, knowledge or skills to help us unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges….do apply.
- Educated to degree level in Engineering, Science or another subject complementary to working in due diligence
- Understanding of the technical aspects of renewable energy infrastructure projects
- Working knowledge of Solar PV projects
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrably strong report writing skills
- Competent user of Microsoft Office365 products
- A flexible and proactive approach to project delivery
- Reliability and good organisational skills
- MSc in Renewable Energy (or similar) with specified Solar Modules
- Awareness of the requirements of technical due diligence on infrastructure projects or in a team on an infrastructure project or supply chain (commercial management, contract negotiation, contract management, permitting, procurement)
- Experience in the development, construction, and operation of Solar PV infrastructure projects
- Understanding of commercial aspects of Solar PV projects, including project finance
- Understanding of categorisation and mitigation of risk
- Ability to speak a second language
- Driving licence
What we can offer
- Meaningful and interesting projects delivered to leaders of industry across renewables and emerging energy sectors
- Flexible working arrangements that balance client, team and individual needs offering hybrid and remote working where relevant
- Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion; we are an organisation actively committed to diversity and inclusion across our business
- Competitive salary with regular salary reviews to ensure we are rewarding at the right level in line with the market
- Flexible benefits package; inclusive of 33 days annual leave (including public holidays), generous contributory pension scheme, private medical cover, 4x base salary life insurance; all of these and more that can be adapted to suit your own lifestyle
- Commitment to continued professional development; development plans that are tailored to your individual needs and interests
- Access to Advisory Services training – you can access a library of unique training material developed by experts within advisory services
- Energy Transition Academy – join a community of experts and gain more exposure to a variety of existing and emerging energy systems
- Project Management Academy – join a community of project management professionals and gain the opportunity to increase your knowledge base across a spectrum of Project Management training available to you
- Global connections; join experts around the world who are at the leading edge of our industry, shaping the standards of our profession