Connect Production Assistant 2021
Brilliant people thriving from building world class products, is what makes Worldwide Business Research (WBR) such a successful and fast-growing conference company.
As the world’s biggest large-scale conference company and part of the PLS group, our conference divisions consistently out-perform their industry sector competitors. The quality of the events we produce and the relationships we nurture with both delegates and sponsors is what makes us stand out from the crowd. Every year over 10,000 senior executives from Fortune 1000 companies attend over 100 annual conferences – a true “Who’s Who” of today’s corporate world.
About WBR Connect
Launched 4 years ago WBR Connect is a platform where C-suite business executives network and meet vendors through a series of 1-1 pre-qualified business meetings. We have events across 5 industry sectors – Retail, B2B, Travel, Field Service and Procurement.
WBR’s Connect consistently out-performs their industry sector competitors on the quality of the events we produce and the relationships we nurture with both delegates and sponsors.
We are currently looking to recruit a highly motivated, ambitious, commercially focused, and team-oriented professional to assist our Connect Event Manager and our team of producers – with the opportunity to connect with senior-level executives, travel to major European cities for events and learn essential conference skills.
What you'll be doing
- Mastering the 1-to1 Meeting System (MeetMax) – to include set-up for each event
- Creating and updating the Solutions Sheet and Deep Profiling Report
- Managing the MeetMax system – including attendee information, sponsor information and agenda specifics
- Assisting in allocation of 1-to-1 meetings for the Connect events and creating personalised agendas for each attendee and sponsor of the event
- Onsite assistance with management of the 1-to-1 meeting system and concierges
- Post-event data analysis from the event and 1-to-1 meetings to provide sponsors and team with information required
- Becoming an EMS and SKY “super user” in the production department to help other Producers
- Web work: uploads and updates of agenda and speakers page
- Organising panel prep calls
- Pre-event correspondence with delegates, sponsors and speakers
- General website reviews to clean up typos and mistakes, plus potentially sponsor updates
- Agenda formatting
- Building social media presence through creating banner creating on platforms such as LinkedIN and Twitter
- Contact details research for both (a) production research calls, and (b) speaker acquisition
- Designing and creating holding slides for event (using PowerPoint)
- Working with Event Manager on logistics for events where needed
- Booking hotels and flights for staff
- Assisting producers with research projects across a range of industry verticals
You will also contribute to the team through:
- Flexibility to react to business needs e.g. travel at short notice
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- A commitment to consistent self-improvement and success
- Ability to use initiative, multi-task under pressure whilst maintaining accuracy and efficiency
- Ability to establish sustainable and profitable relationships with customers, suppliers & clients
- Good at working with and motivating colleagues on an individual and team level
Experience and skills
- Good Excel/Word/PowerPoint skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills
- Excellent time management skills