Junior GIS Analyst
As one of the world’s leading engineering, professional services and technical consultancy firms, at WSP, we’re passionate about the big questions. And big answers, naturally. For us that’s all about reaching beyond the expected to do work that’ll make a profound impact felt long into the future.
We are seeking a GIS analyst to join our Smart Consulting team at a junior level, this would suit a recent MSc Graduate or someone with 1-2 years’ experience.
Right now, we’re looking for candidates to join our team and would suit someone with solid demonstrable experience of spatial data analysis, visualisation, manipulation and insight.
A typical week would include
- Supporting the Smart Consulting team to produce a varied range data driven outputs across a wide range of project requirements;
- With guidance from senior smart consulting staff, design and implement automated workflows to drive efficiency and resilience in data management, analysis and visualisation;
- Willingness to share technical knowledge and foster collaboration;
- Deliver forward thinking spatial data analysis and visualisation;
- Supporting on technical queries from across the business;
- A willingness to learn and develop skills to aid project delivery.
We'd love to hear from you if you have
- A tertiary degree (at 2:1 or above) in GIS or Spatial Data Science is essential, with an MSc being preferable;
- Demonstrable, sector agnostic, work experience in the application of spatial data analysis and visualisation, ideally with 1-2 years’ GIS production experience;
- Current technical knowledge of advanced spatial analysis techniques to deliver insight;
- Knowledge of both proprietary and open source spatial technology solutions;
- Some experience in programming skills is preferable but not essential;
- An awareness of toolsets used for data management and manipulation;
- An appreciation of remote sensing analysis and interpretation techniques;
- An appreciation of network analysis techniques.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. VIBE (our LGBTQ+ Employee Resource Group) and our Gender Balance Group work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
In addition we support our people to achieve their personal health and well-being goals through our Thrive programme.
We value our people and our reputation
We stand for attracting, developing, engaging and retaining the best professionals in our fields of expertise, because our people are what make us great. We put the highest ethical standards at the centre of all we do. We are professional, humble and act with moral and intellectual integrity, keep our word, treat everyone with respect, support our colleagues and embrace diversity.
We care about individuals and their progress and offer the most fulfilling career development for our professionals. We promote our young recruits because we believe fresh perspectives bring great ideas and new energy.