Junior Operational Risk Analyst 2021
We’re empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We’ve been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey’s always evolving, and we’ve just launched a bank. But a different type of bank – one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
We're are looking for a Junior Operational Risk Analyst to join our second line of defence team, to assist with embedding all aspects of the Operational Risk Management Manual. You’ll need to be the type of person who has an appetite to learn and would be motivated by the opportunity to work with lots of different teams across the business, helping them to understand the risks that they face.
A day in the life
- Collecting control attestations from the first line and providing oversight and challenge where appropriate
- Suggesting recommendations where control failures or weaknesses are identified to ensure risks are mitigated
- Preparing risk management MI and analysis for the RMC and other committees
- Supporting the Operational Risk Senior Manager with implementing all aspects of the Operational Risk Management Manual
- Assisting in the roll out of a new GRC system and training the wider business in its use
- Monitoring and testing the implementation of agreed actions to address key risks or realised risk events
- Assisting on ad-hoc projects to improve the overall health and efficiency of Zopa’s risk management framework
- Provide advice and support to the first line business areas to enable them to maintain and update their RCSA’s
- Previous risk management experience isn’t essential for this role, but you'll be able to demonstrate excellent attention to detail and a desire to identify, understand and mitigate risks to Zopa
- You're willing to build your knowledge and understanding of the risks which Zopa faces and how to mitigate these
- You've got demonstrable interest in producing good customer and business outcomes
- You have good interpersonal skills and an ability to challenge business stakeholders constructively
- You've got strong analytical, communication and written skills
- You'll have high proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel and preferably, other software and analytical packages
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
- Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
- Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
- Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
- Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
- Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.