Junior Underwriter 2021
Our diverse team is united in their mission of creating simple, fair and honest financial products that have the customer’s needs at their heart. We’re proud that this dedication is reflected in our excellent rating on TrustPilot.
We’ve always been unapologetically honest with our customers, and value the same in return. Their feedback helps us shape what we build, so we can provide a bank fit for today, and for the future.
We’re not the new kids on the block though - we’ve been a pioneering force in finance for 16 years. In 2005, we built the first ever peer-to-peer (P2P) lending company, giving our customers access to loans built for real-life and intelligent investments backed by cutting-edge tech. In 2020, we launched Zopa Bank, meaning we could offer more – like fixed term savings backed by FSCS protection and a credit card to help customers take control of their finances.
Today, our bank and our P2P business run alongside each other, with the same ethos and the same mission. We’ve lent out over £6 billion and are proud to have made money work better for over half a million people across the UK, whether they were looking to borrow, save or invest.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
We have launched our bank and we have increased our product offering, now we are looking for 2 Junior Underwriters to join our amazing team on a 12-month FTC!
As a Junior Underwriter you will be expected to work in a team of underwriters, processing Credit card applications within policy criteria.
You will work weekends in this role and your working days will be either Sunday to Thursday or Tuesday to Saturday.
A day in the life
- Assess new credit card applications within Zopa lending criteria and service standards for PAYE and self-employed applicants, along with applications who fail Zopa’s Identification screening
- Evaluate the accuracy and authenticity of each customer’s details and documents
- Review applicant documents and report back to the Financial Crime team with fraud concerns
- Identify any potentially fraudulent activity and escalate any concerns to team leader, Financial Crime team or the Compliance Department
- You’ve got experience in assessing identity and income documents
- You’re able to investigate, question and scrutinise information
- You have a high level of numeracy and analytical skills
- You’ve got an excellent professional manner and a passion for providing excellent customer service
- You have a high level of attention to detail with regard to document examination, remaining confidential at all times and act with in
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
- Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
- Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
- Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
- Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
- Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.