Bright Network International Women's Day
This March we're looking for 100 of our brightest female members who are passionate about gender equality and increasing opportunities for women to join us in central London for this unmissable event's inaugural year. This is your chance to meet leading employers, and network with inspirational women who will be on hand to answer all your questions. Acceptance onto this competitive event will highlight you as one of the best and brightest applicants to top firms.
Why Should You Attend?
Bright Network's International Women's Day 2019 event is a brand new celebration which we hope you can join us for. The driving forces behind this event are the members of Bright Network's inaugural Student Leadership Board – 11 bright, passionate female students who are committed to female empowerment. They have represented the wider Bright Network community and incorporated other members' ideas to design an event that the Board hope will educate, enable and empower young women to become female leaders of the future. You can learn more about our International Women's Day Student Leadership Board and meet the members here.
Here’s our Student Leadership Board to share the reasons why they’ll be celebrating International Women’s Day:
The selected attendees will also benefit from:
- Being inspired: Discover where your degree can take you and be inspired by women who have carved out a successful career in these often male dominated industries.
- Feeling empowered and getting ahead: Our panel sessions are designed to provide you with insights from top female leaders so that you can reflect, feel empowered and carve out your own future career trajectory.
- Building your CV: Attending this event will show employers that you have an active interest in learning about future career possibilities. You will also hear from the experts, who will give you the advice that you need to stand out from the crowd.
- Gaining practical skills: Our event aims to help you build in confidence and other practical skills so that you can put your best foot forward in job interviews and the workplace.
- Growing your network: At this event you will make vital connections and meet some of the best people from top firms - they're looking for the brightest students just like you for their insight days, first year programmes and vacation schemes.
We will be announcing the firms attending the event soon, so bookmark this page and keep checking back the left-hand side bar above for updates.
Key Event Details
- Date: Friday 8th March 2019
- Venue: etc.venues - Monument, 8 Eastcheap, London, EC3M 1AE
- Dress Code: Business Smart
- 12:30 – 13:00: Student Arrival, Registration & Member Networking
- 13:00 – 13:30: Bright Network Introduction & Premier Sponsor Keynote
- 13:30 – 14:30: Skills Session
- 14:30 – 15:15: Networking + Tea & Coffee
- 15:15 – 16:15: Panel Session
- 16:15 – 17:15: Networking
- 17:15 – 17:45: Wrap Up & Closing
To submit your application, please click the “Apply Now” button at the top of the page. We highly recommend getting your application in ASAP as applications will be reviewed in the order they are received. We look forward to seeing you there.
- What will I need to get into the event? If your place has been accepted at the event, we’ll email you a ticket a few days before the event. You’ll need to show this ticket to us on the day in either paper copy or download it electronically on your phone before the event.
- What should I bring? Bring a pen, notepad and a bottle of water and you’ll be set for an excellent day ahead.
- How should I prepare for the event? All firms will be receiving details of everyone who attends, so this is a real opportunity to be headhunted, this really will be your time to shine! Research the firms, make sure you prepare to network, read up on commercial awareness and remember to ask any questions that might come up in your research. It will be a great early opportunity for you to get ahead in your career – whether you’re currently looking to secure an internship or a graduate role.
- What is the dress code for the event? The dress code is business smart.
- Is there a charge for the event? No, the event is completely free of charge.
- What is the nearest tube station? Monument station is a short walk away. You can plan your journey using the TFL Journey Planner.
- I can no longer make it. Who should I tell? Please email us to let us know if you can no longer attend ASAP so we can offer your place to someone else. Failure to inform us could result in becoming ineligible for future Bright Network events.
If you have any questions about Bright Network International Women's Day, please get in touch with our Events Team - email@example.com.