What does it mean to be a chartered accountant?
Is it helping businesses make crucial decisions? Is it having a pivotal role and being at the forefront of an industry where your passion lies? Building sustainable change from the inside out? It’s all of it. Chartered accountants create, shape and build strong economies and communities globally.
When someone becomes chartered with ICAEW, they become part of a global network of over 166,000 business professionals who are working to drive leadership standards, provide expertise, and build a world of strong economies across all industries.
Are you ready to join them?
At ICAEW, we’ll get you there.
What do we do?
We’re ICAEW, one of the world’s leading providers of training and professional development for accountants. Aspiring leaders and business professionals can take the globally recognised ACA qualification and qualify to become ICAEW Chartered Accountants. We are on hand to support trainees and members throughout their career journey and make sure that their potential becomes boundless.
To find out more about what we do visit ICAEW Careers.
What do we offer?
We offer the ACA qualification, which is one of the most advanced learning and professional development programmes available. It’s been designed to provide trainees with an in-depth understanding of accountancy, finance, and business to get them to exactly where they want to be.
The ACA opens a world of opportunities across a range of organisations. From the most renowned professional service firms to entrepreneurial start-ups, charities and government bodies, there’s no end to where it can take aspiring chartered accountants, and we’re committed to getting you there.
Five reasons you should choose us.
- Community – You’ll be part of a global network, supported by over 166,000 members working in 146 countries
- Leadership Potential – the ACA prepares them for leadership right up to the board level. That’s why 79 of the FTSE 100 companies have at least one ICAEW Chartered Accountant on their board.
- Support– ACA students have high first-time pass rates of 84%, driven by quality learning, teaching, and support.
- Progression– 87% of ACA students qualify in four years or less, meaning fewer resits, and faster career progression.
- Opportunity– take their career into any industry around the world – all 100 of the world’s leading brands employ ICAEW Chartered Accountants.
The simple steps to becoming chartered.
There are several steps to becoming a qualified ICAEW Chartered Accountant as a university graduate:
- Finish university with a degree in any subject.
- Enter into an ACA training agreement with an authorised training employer by applying to a vacancy on ICAEW Training Vacancies.
- Complete a combination of study, exams, practical work experience, and ethics.
- Once you’ve completed the ACA training, you can apply to become an ICAEW member.
- Once accepted, you will be a fully qualified ICAEW Chartered Accountant. Furthermore, you can use the letters ACA after your name.
To find out more about a career in chartered accountancy, visit ICAEW Careers.
We’ll get you there.