Answering Application & Interview Questions, University of WarwickBy Bright Network
*Applications for this event are now closed*
Warwick alumni Jake Schogger secured six internships at top magic, silver and US City law firms, before training at Freshfields. This is his guide to effectively answering firm motivation questions, articulating your competencies and experience, and building your commercial awareness.
During his hour presentation, he will cover:
- General application advice and how to avoid common mistakes;
- Answering career/firm motivation questions;
- Researching firms;
- Effectively articulating competencies/experience, including drawing competencies and capabilities from a wide range of previous experiences;
- Understanding what is meant by commercial awareness and how to prepare for commercial interview questions; and
- General tips and insights relating to internships and graduate programmes.
By the end of the workshop you will have:
- Understood how to better focus your research and avoid "generic" answers;
- Gained an insight into how you can effectively draw competencies and strengths from a broader range of experiences;
- Learned how to avoid the most commonly made mistakes;
- Received guidance on how to effectively prepare for interviews;
- Improved your understanding of what "commercial awareness" actually means, how it comes up in interviews and how you can improve yours.
Room: Humanities room HO.60
Please advise if you require any adjustments be made in relation to a disability so that we may take appropriate steps to accommodate your needs. Please contact the Help Desk on 024 7652 4748 or email@example.com.
At the tutor’s discretion students who arrive more than five minutes late may be directed to sign up to a future workshop.
Please note: By booking to attend this session, you grant Student Opportunity permission to share your attendance data (events you have attended) with the academic department in which you are registered. If you have any questions about this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.