Answering application & interview questions, University of EssexBy Bright Network
20 Nov 2019, 1 p.m.
Colchester, TC 2.14 & TC 2.15
Join Jake Schogger for a one hour presentation covering:
- General application advice and how to avoid common mistakes
- Answering career/firm motivation questions
- Researching firms
- Effectively articulating competencies/experience, including drawing competencies and capabilities from a wide range of previous experiences
- The importance of resilience and how to demonstrate it
- Understanding what is meant by commerical awareness and how to prepare for commerical interview questions
- General tips and insights relating to internships and graduate programmes, based on Jake Schogger's experiences in the City.
Jake Schogger is a qualified lawyer, entrepreneur, author, copywriter and consultant.
- He is the founder and CEO of City Career Series, a publishing company that has sold over 40,000 handbooks designed to help students secure City careers.
- He trained at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP and now acts as a legal adviser to funded start-ups, whilst also delivering career-related presentations at universities across the UK.
- He continues to run a variety of small businesses and has accumulated extensive copywriting, business development, marketing and consulting experience whilst working with organisations including booking.com The Big Issue, WorldLabs, Bright Network, Warwick University, Earthful, BBQ Jack and Ignition Law.
- More information can be found here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jakeschogger.