How to network with law firms at a law fair, University of WarwickBy Bright Network
*Applications for this event are now closed*
Warwick alumni Jake Schogger trained at Freshfields, before embarking on a career as an entrepreneur and legal adviser to start-ups. This is his practical guide to networking and taking advantage of opportunities, including real life examples of what to do and, more importantly, what not to do.
Over the hour presentation, Jake will cover:
- The purpose of networking;
- What networking involves (it’s broader than you think!);
- How to effectively approach networking in different contexts;
- Practical tips for “in person” networking (including at employer events);
- Practical tips for networking through LinkedIn;
- Key benefits of networking;
- Key career-related considerations;
- Key transferable skills; and
- An insight into how networking in a number of contexts helped Jake to build a flexible career working with start-ups and freelance clients.
By the end of the workshop you will have:
- Gained abetter understanding of what networking actually involves;
- Obtained an insight into how to effectively network in different contexts;
- Learned how to convert short elevator pitches into informative calls and meetings.
Room: Ramphal R1.13
Please advise if you require any adjustments be made in relation to a disability so that we may take appropriate steps to accommodate your needs. Please contact the Help Desk on 024 7652 4748 or email@example.com.
At the tutor’s discretion students who arrive more than five minutes late may be directed to sign up to a future workshop.
Please note: By booking to attend this session, you grant Student Opportunity permission to share your attendance data (events you have attended) with the academic department in which you are registered. If you have any questions about this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.