CV workshop, Exeter ACSBy Bright Network
Join us for a one hour presentation & workshop covering:
- General CV and application advice and how to avoid common mistakes;
- Answering career/firm motivation questions;
- Researching firms;
- Effectively articulating competencies/experience, including drawing competencies and capabilities from a wide range of previous experiences;
- Understanding what is meant by commercial awareness and how to prepare for commercial interview questions
By the end of the workshop you will have:
- Understood how to better focus your research and avoid "generic" answers;
- Gained an insight into how you can effectively draw competencies and strengths from a broader range of experiences;
- Learned how to avoid the most commonly made mistakes;
- Received guidance on how to effectively prepare for interviews;
- Improved your understanding of what "commercial awareness" actually means, how it comes up in interviews and how you can improve yours.
Meet our parternship society hosting this event: Exeter ACS
About Exeter ACS
Exeter's African-Caribbean society aims to bring students from diverse backgrounds together to celebrate and promote African and Caribbean culture in all of its forms. We seek not only to promote the ACS, but provide an enjoyable and intellectually stimulating experience for all our members.
Our events vary from socials, parties, balls, barbecues and movie nights, to political debates, educational forums and termly general meetings. We would like to encourage everyone and anyone - no matter your background - to participate in our activities and experience a multi-cultural environment with us, and through our affiliation with other societies and groups.
- Empower one another to promote greatness
- Celebrate the beauty of African and Caribbean culture
- Educate members and non-members on our history and culture.
Find out more about Exeter ACS here.