Networking & taking advantage of opportunities, University of EssexBy Bright Network
20 Nov 2019, 11 a.m.
Colchester, TC 2.14 & TC 2.15
Join Jake Schogger for a one hour presentation covering:
- The purpose of networking
- What networking involves (it's broader than you think!)
- How to build the necessary confidence and resilience to network effectively
- How to effectively approach networking in different contexts
- Practical tips for 'in person' networking (including at employer events)
- Practical tips for networking through LinkedIn
- An insight into how networking in a number of contects helped Jake Schogger to build a flexible career working with start-ups and freelance clients.
Jake Schogger is a qualified lawyer, entrepreneur, author, copywriter and consultant.
- He is the founder and CEO of City Career Series, a publishing company that has sold over 40,000 handbooks designed to help students secure City careers.
- He trained at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP and now acts as a legal adviser to funded start-ups, whilst also delivering career-related presentations at universities across the UK.
- He continues to run a variety of small businesses and has accumulated extensive copywriting, business development, marketing and consulting experience whilst working with organisations including booking.com The Big Issue, WorldLabs, Bright Network, Warwick University, Earthful, BBQ Jack and Ignition Law.
- More information can be found here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jakeschogger.