How to impress leading employers, University of SwanseaBy Bright Network
Jake Schogger trained at Freshfields, before embarking on a career as an entrepreneur and legal adviser to start-ups. This is his practical guide on how to impress leading employers, including real life examples of what to do and, more importantly, what not to do.
The presentation will cover:
- General application advice and how to avoid common mistakes
- Answering career/firm motivation questions
- Researching firms
- Effectively articulating competencies/experience, including drawing competencies and capabilities from a wide range of previous experiences
- The importance of resilience and how to demonstrate it
- Understanding what is meant by commercial awareness and how to prepare for commercial interview questions
- General tips and insights relating to internships and graduate programmes, based on Jake Schogger’s experiences in the City.
1:15pm - 2:30pm: Room SoM108