Network confidentially at the Nottingham Law School Law Fair at Nottingham Trent UniversityBy Bright Network
21 Jan 2020, 2 p.m.
City Campus, Nottingham Trent University, NG1 4FQ
Join us for a presentation covering:
- The purpose of networking
- What networking involves (it’s broader than you think!)
- How to build the necessary confidence and resilience to network effectively with law firms
- How to effectively approach networking in different contexts
- Practical tips for “in person” networking at a law fair
- Practical tips for following up via LinkedIn
- Key benefits of networking
- An insight into how networking in a number of contexts helped Jake Schogger to build a flexible career working with start-ups and freelance clients.
About the presenter
Jake Schogger is a qualified lawyer, entrepreneur, author, copywriter and consultant.
- He is the founder and CEO of City Career Series, a publishing company that has sold over 40,000 handbooks designed to help students secure City careers.
- He trained at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP and now acts as a legal adviser to funded start-ups, whilst also delivering career-related presentations at universities across the UK.
- He continues to run a variety of businesses and has accumulated extensive copywriting, business development, marketing and consulting experience whilst working with organisations including Booking.com, The Big Issue, WorldLabs, Bright Network, Warwick University, Earthful, BBQ Jack and Ignition Law.
- More information can be found here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jakeschogger.
Please note: to attend the session you will need to bring your NTU student ID.