Networking & Taking Advantage of OpportunitiesBy Bright Network
We are delighted to be hosting a skills workshop at the University of Leicester, for students who are looking to refine their networking skills.
Our skills session will be delivered by City Careers Series author, and Ex Freshfield lawyer, Jake Schogger. In this-hour long workshop, we will cover a variety of topics including:
- The purpose of networking
- What networking involves (it’s broader than you think!)
- How to effectively approach networking in different contexts
- Practical tips for “in person” networking (including at employer events)
- Practical tips for networking through LinkedIn
- Key benefits of networking
- Key career-related considerations
- Key transferable skills
- An insight into how networking in a number of contexts helped Jake Schogger to build a flexible career working with start-ups and freelance clients
This will be an interactive session so come prepared and Jake will be on hand to answer all your questions. Book your spot today...hurry as spaces are filling fast! Can't wait to see you there.
The event will take place in Bennett Lecture Theatre 3, located on the lower ground floor of the Bennett building (Campus Map).