Practical Networking & Taking Advantage of Opportunities, University of SwanseaBy Bright Network
Warwick alumni Jake Schogger trained at Freshfields, before embarking on a career as an entrepreneur and legal adviser to start-ups. This is his practical guide to networking and taking advantage of opportunities, including real life examples of what to do and, more importantly, what not to do.
The hour presentation will cover:
- The purpose of networking
- What networking involves (it’s broader than you think!)
- How to build the necessary confidence and resilience to network effectively
- How to effectively approach networking in different contexts
- Practical tips for “in person” networking (including at employer events)
- Practical tips for networking through LinkedIn
- Key benefits of networking
- An insight into how networking in a number of contexts helped Jake Schogger to build a flexible career working with start-ups and freelance clients.
Takes place: Room SoM 128