Practical networking for the University of Essex Student and Graduate Recruitment FairBy Bright Network
Networking is a crucial part of landing a graduate career - it allows you to learn more about the sectors you're interested in and boost your connections with a variety of employers. As we’re in the thick of the key applications season and careers fairs are fast approaching, it’s now more important than ever to know how to network effectively with firms. Ex-Freshfields lawyer Jake Schogger and Bright Network Campus Manager Shelly O'Gilvie will draw on their own experiences to help ambitious students develop the skillset to be forward-thinking and open-minded, to use networking to help build great careers.
The agenda for the webinar is as follows:
- The purpose of networking
- What networking involves (it’s broader than you think!)
- How to build the necessary confidence and resilience to network effectively
- How to effectively approach networking in different contexts
- Practical tips for “in person” networking (including at employer events)
- Practical tips for networking through LinkedIn
- Key benefits of networking
- An insight into how networking in a number of contexts helped Jake Schogger and Shelly O'Gilvie to build flexible careers working with start-ups and freelance clients.
This is a free virtual event that you can access from anywhere with a laptop and tablet.
You won’t want to miss out on this session - gain key insights that you won’t be able to get anywhere else.