University of Westminster: Networking workshopBy Bright Network
Networking is a crucial part of landing a graduate career in law - it allows you to learn more about the legal sector and boost your connections with a variety of employers. With many vacation schemes and training contract applications still open it’s more important than ever to know how to network effectively with top law firms. Ex-Freshfields lawyer Jake Schogger will draw on his own experiences to help ambitious students develop the skillset to be forward-thinking and open-minded, to use networking to help build a career in law.
The agenda for the webinar is as follows:
- The purpose of networking
- What networking involves (it’s broader than you think!)
- How to build the necessary confidence and resilience to network effectively
- How to effectively approach networking in different contexts
- Practical tips for “in person” networking (including at employer events)
- Practical tips for networking through LinkedIn
- Key benefits of networking
- An insight into how networking in a number of contexts helped Jake Schogger to build a flexible career working with start-ups and freelance clients.
This is a free virtual event that you can access from anywhere with a laptop and tablet.
You won’t want to miss out on this session - gain key insights that you won’t be able to get anywhere else.