Capital One - Future Female Talent Insight DayBy Capital One
We've teamed up with leading financial services provider Capital One to offer 30 of our brightest women and non-binary members the chance to join us for a one-day virtual event. This unique opportunity will give you the chance to personally meet the Capital One team and gain key insights into their Strategy Analyst and Software internship and placement roles.
The event will include a panel discussion with Capital One representatives, a skills session, networking and a talk on Capital One's application process. You'll be able to ask questions to the Capital One team, learn about their roles and company culture and gain top advice on how to make your application stand out. Apply today to join us at this exclusive tailored event that could kick-start your career.
About Capital One
You probably think of Capital One as a credit card provider. But Capital One makes finance human by channelling their business acumen into technology, products, and tools. That's how they help customers find the right products for them and this is what makes Capital One a more inspiring place to launch your career.
Capital One prides itself on hiring the best people, not the same people. Building diverse and inclusive teams is essential to their business. They want to work with top talent; whoever you are, whatever you look like, wherever you come from.
Why should you attend?
- Get an insider view into life at Capital One through the opportunity to network with current associates in their Strategy Analyst and Software teams
- Level up your application skills by attending the case interview or technical skills workshop
- Gain unique insights into their placement and internship roles in Nottingham and London
- Learn how to succeed in Capital One’s application process - over 90% of their intern and placement students get offered a graduate position, so securing a place on one of their programmes provides you with the opportunity to start securing a graduate role whilst getting paid experience
- Hear from a company that has been ranked in the top 5 for the past 2 years in the Rate My Placement awards for Best Internship Programme
Who can attend?
- Women and non-binary Bright Network members who are graduating in 2023 or 2024
- Interested in a career within Software Engineering or Consulting
- Studying a STEM (particularly Computer Science, Maths, Physics, Engineering) or Economics undergraduate degree at a UK university
Fun facts about Capital One
- Capital One was founded and is still led by the aptly-named CEO Rich Fairbank. The company now employs over 50,000 people worldwide in sites across the UK, USA, Canada, India, and the Philippines
- Their current UK CEO, Lucy Hagues, joined as a graduate in 2005 and worked her way up to lead the UK business, becoming CEO in 2019. Their former UK CEO, Amy Lenander, also joined as a graduate, so they place a real emphasis on growing future talent within the business
- Their offices have excellent perks, such as a fully equipped music room, free on-site gym and subsidised restaurant at the Nottingham office, and a rooftop bar and running track at the London office
How to apply
To secure your spot at this virtual event, just click the Apply Now button at the top of the page and complete the short application form. Places on this event are limited and competitive, so we recommend applying as early as possible to avoid missing out.