Introduction to our Foundation Programme qualificationBy The Chartered Governance Institute UK & Ireland
Do you want to take the first step on your path to a career as a governance professional or company secretary? Would you like to study on a structured course to help you gain entry to our Chartered Governance Qualifying Programme?
Our Foundation Programme qualification is for students with no prior governance qualifications or experience and will take you on your first steps to becoming Chartered.
The course provides 200 hours of study and a broad introduction to businesses and how they are governed, maintained and financially managed, as well as the laws to which they need to adhere. The knowledge and skills you learn on this course will prepare you for studying Part One of the Qualifying Programme.
Here are a few examples of the types of roles you might be able to apply for when you have completed both the Foundation Programme and the full Qualifying Programme:
- assistant company secretary
- company secretary
- Chartered governance professional
The Chartered Governance Institute has been qualifying governance professionals since 1891, and thousands of students have completed their qualifications with us over the years. We know that it is a big decision to take on a qualification and are offering this webinar to help you to find out:
- what our Foundation Programme qualification entails;
- how attaining this foundation level qualification will help you to advance your studies to become a Chartered professional;
- what career path you might take as a governance professional; and
- what a former student says about their experience.