Introduction to a qualification in academy governanceBy The Chartered Governance Institute UK & Ireland
There is a greater need than ever before for academy governance professionals who can provide the skills and knowledge that are crucial to the long-term success of their academy schools.
Our Certificate in Academy Governance qualification is suitable for professionals in governing, management or administrative roles in academy trusts. This level 4 course focuses on the governance needs of multi-academy trusts (MATs), and how robust and consistent governance and standards can be implemented across several schools.
Here are a few examples of the types of roles you might be able to apply for upon completion of our Certificate in Academy Governance qualification:
- Office Administrator/Clerical Assistant/Executive Assistant
- School Clerk/Clerk to Governors
- Business Managers/Business Support Office
- School Bursar/Bursar’s Secretary/ School Business Manager
- Company Secretary/Assistant Company Secretary
The Chartered Governance Institute has been a qualifying body for governance professionals since 1891, and thousands of students have completed their qualifications with us over the years. We recognise that undertaking a qualification is a big commitment, and hope our webinar will help you understand:
- what our Certificate in Academy Governance qualification entails;
- how attaining a qualification in academy governance will help advance your career;
- what career path you might take as an academy governance professional; and
- what former students say about their experience.