Stepping into Retirement at Willis Towers Watson 2022By WTW
We have teamed up with leading global advisory and solutions company, Willis Towers Watson, for their Stepping into Retirement insight day. This is your chance to gain a deeper understanding of what a career as a retirement consultant entails. Retirement is a topic on every company's agenda, making the skills you'd learn constantly in demand. It’s an exciting time to start a career as a retirement consultant – pensions obligations are often one of the biggest items on a company’s balance sheet and future pensions are being provided for in new innovative ways! Join us this December to meet the Willis Towers Watson team and find out more about the benefits of working in this sector.
About Willis Towers Watson
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking, and solutions company. We have been putting clients first since 1829 and every day we help to reveal the possibility and potential at the intersection of talent, assets, and ideas. We help organisations to see around corners and be ready for what's next; harness the power of information and data to make better decisions, and create clarity and confidence today for a more sustainable tomorrow.
For almost two centuries, we've designed and delivered solutions that enable organisation to strive and grow by helping them to manage risk, optimise benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals.
Through managing people, risk and capital, we unlock potential to propel leading businesses forward.
Willis Tower Watson work with 91% of Fortune Global 500 companies, 93% of FTSE 100 companies and 91% of Fortune 1000 companies and thousands of non-Fortune listed companies.
Companies want to provide their employees with a pension in retirement, but how do they know how much money to put aside now when retirement may be decades away and there are so many uncertain factors at play? How to provide pensions is a fascinating problem to solve, and you could get involved with finding solutions for the world's biggest companies by joining the Retirement team at Willis Towers Watson. Their clients rely on strong analytical skills and excellent communication skills to help them achieve their goals, and through the firm's work multiple thousands of individuals receive a pension in retirement.
- Find out why retirement is a key talking point for companies and discover how you can support a business in making decisions now for 30-40 years in the future
- Discover what Willis Towers Watson do (such as their work with businesses you interact with everyday), what it would be like to start your career at the firm and the career prospects they can offer you
- Join sessions to boost your employability and make sure you're prepared for future applications, interviews and assessment centres
Who can attend?
2023 or 2024 graduates who are studying Economics, Accounting or STEM subjects
On track for a 2.1 or above and have demonstrated academic excellence throughout their education
Students interested in joining the Willis Towers Watson Retirement team at the Bristol, London, Manchester or Reigate offices
13:15 - 13:30: Students log into platform
13:30 - 14:00: Welcome & keynote
14:00 - 14:45: Information session (featuring an overview on pension plans and how this connects to WTW and what you need to be an actuary)
14:45 - 15:45: Networking roundtable (representatives from Willis Towers Watson will be leading short skills sessions on commercial awareness, interview advice and technical skills and answering your questions)
15:45 - 16:30: WTW Panel (the Willis Towers Watson team will be sharing insights into their career journeys, life at WTW, how to be a successful actuary and the Retirement sector)
16:30 - 16:45: Event wrap-up and next steps
Fun facts about Willis Towers Watson:
- They serve clients on all the world's continents except Antarctica and advise more than two-thirds of the sponsoring employers and trustees of the top 100 corporate pension schemes in the UK
- Willis Towers Watson are the leading employer of actuarial talent globally and have more than 150 years experience of actuarial consulting
- The firm is a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions Programme and is ranked in The Job Crowd's Top 100 Companies for Graduates to Work For in 2020/21
How to apply:
To secure your spot at this exclusive event for Bright Network members, click the Apply Now button at the top of the page and complete the application form. Spaces are very limited, so we recommend you apply as early as possible.