Digital Content Editor
Are you looking for a digital role in an industry that helps millions of people every week? Do you want to work at an organisation that is best in class across web and social media? Are you ready to take ownership of our digital strategy and drive us to the next level?
We are looking for a passionate and creative Digital Content Editor to mastermind, plan and produce a whole host of engaging content for our website and social media channels. You’ll be targeting a variety of audiences – from our members, to policy makers, the public and even potential new colleagues – to get our messages across.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on a wide range of projects from our award-winning campaigns and consumer education work, to public policy and reputational issues that are subject to significant media and political scrutiny. You’ll also work with our HR team to continue to build our employer branding strategy – you may find yourself commissioning, or even creating, video content such as this video on our careers page.
Your day to day job includes:
- Owning the ABI digital channels and driving improvement and innovation to engage our current audience and reach new audiences.
- Managing and developing the content strategy and content for the ABI website.
- Collaborating with ABI staff to gather and produce online content.
- Generating and scheduling content across the ABI's social media platforms, including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram, ensuring social media is used effectively to promote the ABI and drive traffic to the website.
- Delivering content across all platforms to promote and showcase ABI events.
- Scheduling, filming and editing video content for internal, external and member communications.
- Monitoring and reporting on website and social media analytics.
- Working with the wider communications team to support the delivery of the ABI’s digital campaigns.
- Putting in place appropriate content governance and quality assurance policies and processes.
- Working collaboratively with the Digital and Web Officer to ensure that the Content Management System (CMS) is developed to best facilitate development, maintenance and delivery of ABI content
Where can this role take you?
Wherever possible, we encourage our staff to develop their careers internally. The next natural step for you in this role would be as Senior Digital Content Editor – but this is flexible.
With a collaborative environment, the fantastic exposure you have to people and leaders in the industry and the knowledge you’ll build on a range of regulatory and policy issues, the ABI is a great place to build your career.
What training and benefits are offered?
On your first day you’ll be met by our HR team for a full company induction. You’ll then have inductions to get you up to speed with anything from Events to how our finances work, plus one to ones with relevant colleagues. Everyone goes on the CII Introduction to Insurance course and will receive plenty of on the job training. We host various Staff Learning Events throughout the year and you will be able to attend relevant ABI and industry events.
Additional training will be tailored to your own personal needs and aspirations and we have a range of courses as part of our Learning and Development offering.
What we’re looking for
You’ll be an ambitious digital expert who likes to be hands on with planning and creating content, keen to help shape the ABI’s external communications strategy.
You may not have worked in insurance before, but prior experience delivering strong digital campaigns across web and social and an excellent knowledge of SEO are vital. Crucially, you’ll need to bring energy, ambition and creativity to your work to inspire others and engage audiences across a variety of digital platforms.
We’ll be looking for someone with communication skills that are second to none. You’ll need to be adept at turning complex information into simple, web-appropriate, relevant and engaging formats to maintain our current audiences and draw in new ones.
The ABI is the voice of the UK’s world leading insurance and long-term savings industry. A productive, inclusive and thriving sector, we are an industry that provides peace of mind to households and businesses across the UK and powers the growth of local and regional economies by enabling trade, risk taking, investment and innovation. The UK insurance industry is the largest in Europe and the fourth largest in the world.
It is an essential part of the UK’s economic strength, managing investments of over £1.8 trillion and paying nearly £12bn in taxes to the Government. It employs around 300,000 individuals, of which around a third are employed directly by providers with the remainder in auxiliary services such as broking.
To find out more and apply, please click the 'apply' link below.