Rail Geophysics Graduate Programme 2021
We have an opening for a graduate in our in-house Geophysics team. We are a multi-disciplinary engineering geophysics team working across all sectors of the engineering industry both in the UK and internationally.
The role is based in our Nottingham office which also houses other specialist survey teams, an in-house laboratory and research, engineering and consultancy services. This is an opportunity to enter a growing field which offers a diverse and interesting view of the engineering industry.
We’re looking for a graduate engineering geophysicist to join our Nottingham based Geophysics team working both on site collecting data and, in the office, doing processing and interpretation.
- Plan and optimise geophysical investigations within the engineering environment
- Evaluate technical aspects and resources required
- Assist in evaluating commercial and health and safety aspects
- Support and lead site work using a variety of different geophysical techniques, across a wide range of structures and environments
- Be prepared to work at weekends and nights in support of projects and other team members
- Perform computerised and manual analysis and interpretation of data
- Prepare technical reports in a variety of formats
- Perform QA as appropriate
- Actively develop themselves with support of senior mentors to support growth in the team and their career
- Degree or above in Geophysics (or related discipline with experience of engineering geophysics)
- Topographical (and CAD/MicroStation Skills) advantageous
- Have a good broad knowledge of Geophysical techniques
- Motivated to achieve targets and a good team player
- Conscientious, with good attention to detail
- Keen to learn beyond that required in a normal working environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Commercial awareness
- Flexible and willing to travel in the UK and overseas
- Enjoy problem solving
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, technically proficient, with ambition and drive
- Basic computer skills on Word and Excel are essential
- Good software skills
- Good report writing skills are beneficial
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, with ambition and drive
- Ability to structure & prioritise work effectively through close cooperation with the team as a whole
- Ability to work in a team and independently without losing initiative & focus
Our Graduate Development Programme (GDP), along with our huge scope of projects across the globe, will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our GDP forms a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. We have over 750 graduates on our programmes across the UK & Ireland, from over 40 different disciplines, each and every one of them making a tangible difference to the environment we all live and work in.
We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including Chartership with the relevant international professional institution – where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK and Ireland. We will push you to achieve the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support and guide your development, and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme.
There will be on-the-job technical development and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects, with significant multidisciplinary exposure.
We don’t have a deadline, we run rolling recruitment so encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.