Graduate Mining Engineer 2021
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a mining engineering background to join our Torr Works management team, based near to Frome in Somerset.
If you are interested in working on one of the largest limestone quarries in the UK, that has been responsible for distributing material into the London market for key infrastructure projects, including the Shard, Crossrail, Thames Tideway and HS2 this could be a unique opportunity to develop your career.
About the role
Working in our development department, you will get involved with the short and long term planning for quarry extractions, as well as on site geotechnical management for an operation that produces approximately 5.5 million tonnes of aggregate per year.
Other elements to the role include:
- Contractor load and haul sequencing and management
- Driving health and Safety performance
- Liaison with company Geology department
- Dewatering management
- Management and engineering support on key site development projects
We are hoping to start the successful candidate from Aug/Sept 2021. Our interview process will commence early June 2021.
What will you bring?
- Higher education in Mining Engineering, or similar
- Drill & Blast and load & haul knowledge and/or experience
- Geotechnical understanding of pit design and discontinuity analysis
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of our organisation
- Team player, willing to collaborate, support and challenge ideas
- Ability to write clear and concise technical reports
- Excellent presentation skills with ability to present to a variety of audiences
- Full UK driving licence
- Flexibility In regards to working hours
- Exposure to AutoCAD or similar software, knowledge of surveying processes and basic understanding of the Quarries regulations 1999 is desirable (but not essential).
What’s on offer?
- Competitive Salary, bonus and benefits recognizing the contribution you bring
- Opportunities for Career Progression both at home and abroad
- An inclusive and safety focused culture with people at the heart of the business
We are committed to building a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Why join Aggregate Industries?
To be at the heart of construction, we see our people at the forefront of the construction industry, transforming it into a more sustainable future. We employ highly talented, experienced and motivated people from diverse backgrounds. We have industry-leading capability in innovation, enabling us to anticipate and meet the changing needs of our customers. We are committed to developing strong and positive relationships with the communities we live and work in. LafargeHolcim has a global footprint with leadership positions in the vast majority of its markets and a diversified portfolio with a good balance between mature and developing markets positioned in highly populated areas.
About Aggregate Industries
We’re at the front line of the construction and infrastructure industries, producing and supplying an array of construction materials. With over 270 sites and more than 3,900 dedicated employees, we’re home to everything from aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete and precast concrete products. On top of that, we produce, import and supply construction materials, export aggregates and offer national road surfacing and contracting services.
We’re also a proud member of LafargeHolcim, which is the leading global building materials and solutions company with around 90,000 employees in over 80 countries. It holds leading positions in all regions with a balanced portfolio of developing and mature markets.