Junior Hardware Engineer 2021
Airbus pioneers sustainable aerospace for a safe and united world. The Company constantly innovates to provide efficient and technologically-advanced solutions in aerospace, defence, and connected services. In commercial aircraft, Airbus offers modern and fuel-efficient airliners and associated services. Airbus is also a European leader in defence and security and one of the world's leading space businesses. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions and services worldwide.
Airbus Cyber Security is a European specialist in cyber security. Our mission is to protect governments, military and essential national infrastructure enterprises from cyber threats.
We are over 700 experts based across our main locations in France, Germany and the UK, each with a Security Operating Centre, we also operate in the US and the Middle East.
We provide a global cyber defence approach that aims to protect, detect and respond to cyber threats with a portfolio including managed security services, industrial control system offerings, encryption, key management and consultancy services.
Our goal: Protect our customers and support their needs with cyber security products.
We are passionate about cyber security. If you share our passion, we want to speak with you.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Hardware Engineer – Digital Electronics has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Newport. The successful applicant will join the Cyber Security Hardware Engineering department.
Reporting directly to the Head of Hardware Engineering for executing allocated electronics hardware design work packages within agreed cost, time and quality constraints.
You will be responsible for specifying, performing and documenting electronics hardware design for allocated elements of the product design architecture, by:
- Specifying hardware architectures and solutions to problem statements.
- Performing in-house electronics design for allocated area of responsibility.
- Adequately documenting the design for allocated area of responsibility.
You will resolve clearly defined problem statements into design solutions typically up to 6 months in duration.
Tasks & accountabilities
You will need to ensure that:
- Electronics hardware is designed, developed, integrated and tested in accordance with Airbus standards; all supporting documents are produced in accordance with Airbus standards.
- Appropriate processes, tools and methodologies are used to design and deliver allocated electronics hardware development work packages meeting cost, time and quality targets, agreed with the engineering team leader.
- Electronics hardware technical design decisions are made within the context of known practices, established precedents and acquired technical expertise.
- The cost/benefits of design possibilities are understood, enabling appropriate judgement calls to be made.
- Success of both internal and external design reviews and project reviews throughout the development lifecycle.
- The support of the design and development of critical components where decisions have a significant impact on project timescales.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to Degree level (or equivalent) in Electronic Engineering.
- Must have an experience of digital design using high speed microprocessor, memory, FPGA and CPLD components.
- Must have proven capability to design high-speed electronic equipment that is CE compliant with EMC, Safety and RoHS criteria.
- Must have excellent electronics hardware development knowledge.
- Able to carry-out development tasks of up to six months duration with very limited supervision.
- Must be familiar with high speed digital design standards and techniques.
- Must have a good understanding of requirements capture
In return we can offer a great compensation package with annual profit share; a growing list of company benefits and career development options across our transnational, market leading company
This role is based at our Airbus Defence and Space offices, Newport, South Wales, and involves working within the UK Defence industry, requiring the applicant to be able to be security cleared to a UK SC level.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.