Mechanical Equipment & Tooling Engineering Placement 2022
Airbus pioneers sustainable aerospace for a safe and united world. The Company constantly innovates to provide efficient and technologically-advanced solutions in aerospace, defence, and connected services. In commercial aircraft, Airbus offers modern and fuel-efficient airliners and associated services. Airbus is also a European leader in defence and security and one of the world's leading space businesses. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions and services worldwide.
To stay on top, Airbus recognises the importance of supporting high-achieving and talented undergraduates. We do this through offering challenging placement opportunities during which your skills and potential are fully maximised.
Our placements give a unique insight into potential career paths within Airbus. They are designed so that you can put your theoretical knowledge into practice and gain crucial industry experience. The skills and knowledge you gain will improve your chances of a future role within the Airbus and should benefit your future studies.
The MGSE Team are responsible for design, procurement and delivery of all mechanical ground support equipment to assemble, integrate, test and transport Spacecraft Products in the UK and beyond. The team are at the heart of Spacecraft Production UK. Engineers get involved in a variety of projects from large Geostationary Telecommunication satellites to missions to Mars!
What will you be doing?
During this placement, the activities you may undertake will include;
- Definition, design and supply of Mechanical Ground Support Equipment (MGSE) and tooling for the manufacture, test and delivery of satellite/spacecraft structures.
- Provision of estimates and schedules and thereafter the control of the design, structural analysis, supplier selection, manufacturing reviews and acceptance/qualification testing.
- An awareness of safety issues associated with Mechanical Handling Equipment
- Creation of technical documents to ensure the manufacture, testing and safe usage of MGSE to company standards.
- To develop and build relationships both internally and externally and work as part of a team
- Actively seek to develop own learning and skills
- Deliver multiple tasks to set time frames
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
One application: Make It Possible, Make It Happen, Make It … Count !
Please note our placements are open to Undergraduates only. Therefore it is mandatory for candidates to be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following;
- Engineering Degree
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experienced in technical documentation writing
- A good Production/Engineering understanding
- An innovative mind set.
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
- £18,000 salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working hours
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.