Product Management Graduate Programme 2021
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period we will offer a combination of both focused formal training, as well as on-the-job learning and the chance to build your professional network.
What you'll do
The programme includes core technical and behavioural training elements that will form an integral part of your learning and help you become familiar with the company and its culture. The training provided will help to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
Product Managers (Innovation Managers) are leaders, responsible for ensuring that the company achieves its strategic goals through definition, development, and management of products.
Product Managers possess a blend of business acumen and technical knowledge which enables them to ensure that product portfolios deliver value for our customers and our business. Product Managers gather insights and lead the direction of their portfolios. Whether this means developing new products, working with partners, or sourcing new suppliers, Product Managers are the voice of the customer that influence decision-making in favour of our strategic ambitions.
This is a chance to learn valuable skills in Product Management at an early stage in your career. As part of the graduate placement you will spend time in different departments within Airbus, but your "home team" will be Secure Communications Product Management.
The Product Management department is a supportive team of ~15 people across the UK & France with a wide range of experience in Product Management. We encourage you to join us as we build our portfolios to lay the foundation for the future of Secure Communications. In this role you can expect a high level of autonomy and visibility across the business.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Innovate – Generate and prioritise ideas. Create initial propositions.
- Analyse – Validate market need and justify investment.
- Develop – Write requirements. Design solutions and deliver high quality products. Demonstrating requirements are met.
- Go-to-Market – Validate products are fit for market. Analyse value propositions. Prepare for launch.
- Monitor In-Life – Sell, Track Performance and fix issues
You will be studying towards a technical degree with an interest in business
- You understand Product Management and are able to explain Product Management and its value as a profession.
- You understand "value to the customer", how it is defined, and can explain this to people at all levels of the company.
- You prefer to use the phone / face-to-face meetings instead of emailing.
- You are a confident presenter and speaker, able to explain ideas, plans, requirements, and features to all types of audience.
- You prefer progress over perfection.
- You appreciate the differences between the roles of product manager, engineering manager, and project manager.
- You can maintain a long-term vision for your product portfolio and prioritise your activities, even when others come to you with urgent tasks.
- You are positive, constructive, and enthusiastic even when it's a bad day.
- You like a challenge and will find solutions even when it's not easy.
This is an excellent career boost and our graduates have gone on to successful careers within Airbus. Product Management is a chance to see all of the business functions and make an impact on real business growth.
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.