Software Systems Engineer Graduate Programme 2021
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period we will offer a combination of both focused formal training, as well as on-the-job learning and the chance to build your professional network.
The programme includes core technical and behavioural training elements that will form an integral part of your learning and help you become familiar with the company and its culture. The training provided will help to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
In this role, you will be working in a team within the highly successful Network Management Systems (NMS) Centre of Excellence. This group develops software products for use in secure satellite communication networks worldwide. The department is currently working with the following areas of technology:
- Micro-Service Software Architecture
- Containerisation and Virtualisation.
- Software Defined Networks
- User Experience Design
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Distributed Systems
Main activities of the role may include;
- Working with one of our development teams, you’ll build on existing skills and contribute to software systems being developed for one of our worldwide clients.
- Evaluate suitable software solutions and, from system requirements, propose high level software architectural solutions.
- Follow the full software project/product life-cycle (specification, design, implementation, test and installation), and have opportunities to present and demonstrate their work to stakeholders.
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following;
- Achieved a minimum of a 2:1 Honours degree in a Software Engineering or Software Systems subject.
- Strong UML/SysML modelling skills.
- Knowledge of software interface protocols.
- Knowledge of the full software system development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of object orientated programming especially using Java EE.
- An interest in working with satellite communication networks.
- The ability to work within a team environment, sharing ideas and your work, and working collaboratively to achieve deliveries.
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
This role will be based in Portsmouth and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000