Procurement Associate April 2022
AlphaSights provides bespoke B2B knowledge solutions to leading professionals in investment management, private equity, management consulting, global corporations and select non-profits.
Our 1,000+ employees connect professionals to the industry knowledge and market insights they need to identify, assess, and act on opportunities ahead of the competition. With nine offices across the US, EMEA and Asia, we regularly rank as one of the fastest growing companies in the world.
Even after 10 years of high growth, we see vast market opportunity ahead of us and are looking for people with talent, ambition, and entrepreneurial drive to join us in rapidly moving our organisation to the next level.
This is a new role based in our London Office, assisting the Procurement Manager in managing indirect procurement globally. Sitting within the global Finance function, and working closely with senior stakeholders in Operations, Legal and Finance, the Procurement Associate will be involved in the management of a multi-million pound spend across a range of indirect procurement categories. These categories principally include: software, IT infrastructure, professional services, HR services, facilities management, insurance and utilities.
The associate will be reporting into the Procurement Manager who is tasked with both designing and executing intelligent and efficient procurement processes. The successful candidate should be a team player and will be focussed primarily on the tactical elements of supplier relationships at AlphaSights, while also having a direct effect on how the strategic goals of the procurement function are set going forward. The successful candidate will require a pragmatic approach, necessitated by our rapidly-evolving, high-growth environment.
We view procurement not as a central policing function, rather as a strategic partner to ensure we continue to optimise vendor contracts, value for money, supply chain, risk profile, and internal processes. This is an ideal opportunity for a young procurement professional to make their mark on a dynamic, high-growth firm seeking to optimise procurement.
Business Partnering and Stakeholder Management
- Partner with stakeholders across the business to ensure optimal buying and vendor management behaviours
- Be seen as a partner to drive efficient, value-optimised, and intelligently contracted procurement
Vendor Selection, Negotiation, and Onboarding
- Assist stakeholders with criteria scoping; design RFP and vendor evaluation processes
- Assist in the development of business cases to onboard, change, and renew suppliers
- Ensure prospective vendors meet all necessary conditions for partnership (e.g. Know Your Customer / Data Security) by implementing the procurement processes related to onboarding, supplier management and offboarding
- Assist with the negotiation and implementation of supplier contracts
- Onboard suppliers smoothly, ensuring integration with all relevant teams (e.g. Accounts Payable, IT, Commercial)
Vendor Lifecycle and Relationship Management
- Assist re-tender processes
- Engage with internal customers and suppliers during the contract periods to measure and manage supplier performance
Cost Analysis and Value Optimisation
- Analyse quotations / tender submissions considering business requirements and the various challenges that the teams may encounter during the contract period
- Propose methods to optimise the investment in suppliers, including sourcing alternative suppliers and identifying alternative commercial models
- Take ownership of procurement resources including the central contract database, supplier folders and other relevant trackers
- Ensuring proper contract implementation and management processes are undertaken
- Procurement Experience (preferred but not necessary)
- 1-2 years of procurement or business operations experience in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have a basic technical knowledge of procurement concepts (e.g. sourcing and tenders), contract fundamentals, and Excel. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of the areas listed under Responsibilities.
- Results Orientation and Drive
- The successful candidate will be a resourceful self-starter with strong prioritisation skills and the ability to work in a team environment. Resilience and determination are key qualities for this role, as is a meticulous mindset and consistent attention to detail.
- Commercial Acumen and Negotiation Skills
- A strong commercial mindset is required. The successful candidate will get a kick out of always unlocking optimal value through contract configuration and intelligent negotiation.
- Stakeholder Management and Interpersonal Skills
- Working as a sparring partner across all functions, levels and regions, the successful candidate will be able to quickly forge trusted and positive professional relationships. The role requires a high EQ and the gravitas to convey expertise along with the humility to accept feedback and others’ points of view in a highly collaborative environment.
- Creativity and Adaptability
- This role requires a tolerance for ambiguity, as well as the ability to conceive of elegant and efficient new systems and workarounds.
- Track record
- Proven record of achievement in professional, academic and/or extracurricular activities. A bachelor’s degree is a requirement for this role.