Finance Graduate Programme 2022
Our industry is rapidly evolving, and we need adventurous problem solvers who can craft the strategic decisions that lead our business forward. Whether it’s collaborating with some of our largest global partners or creating next year’s financial plan, you can influence both our day-to-day P&L and the strategic direction of the company. As part of the team, you can have the opportunity to learn and use the latest data tools and technologies and explore a range of roles to grow your career. Find your place in finance on #TeamAmex.
Business Unit/Role Specific Information
Our Finance team is at the heart of all key business decisions in American Express. You will join our elite global network of change makers, discover how Finance goes beyond the numbers and craft the future of the business. You will diversify your skill set and gain exposure by working on high profile projects-analyzing and simplifying complex data to identify areas of value and advise the business to drive more profitable decisions.
The graduate role will involve working as a Finance Analyst in any of our Finance teams supporting various business areas such as Global Consumer, Corporate Products, Bank Partnerships, International Business Development or Small Merchant Business. Finance Analyst roles will focus on the development of your analytical and relationship building skills, as well as challenging your strategic thinking and understanding.
You will join the wider American Express Graduate Programme which will include a structured induction, thorough training and development, in depth Finance specific training and full support if you wish to pursue further professional qualifications.
- Strong ability to turn data into actionable insights and draw conclusions
- Impeccable commercial awareness with ability to see the bigger picture and effectively collaborate to help influence senior leadership
- Eagerness to learn and use SQL to extract and manipulate data, or with other programming or scripting languages.
- Excellent quantitative, written, and presentation skills; innovative, organised and thorough
- Ability to build relationships across teams and effective networking skills
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible— and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way.
Join #TeamAmex and let’s lead the way together.
- Currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree programme (any degree field) in your penultimate year of study
- A minimum of 320 UCAS points and a predicted 2:1 degree or international equivalent
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
If you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team on email@example.com