Junior Backend Software Engineer 2021
We are a team of Engineers building SaaS software used by over 350 of the world's leading brands. We exist to help our customers deliver more powerful experiences using our API-first, headless content management platform. We are very serious about reliability and customers trust us to manage and deliver content at tremendous scale:
- Billions of API requests every day
- >400 million items of content
- >4 Exabytes of critical data a year
We have a multi-talented Engineering team organized into cross-functional squads located in Middlesbrough and Manchester. We also have locations in London and New York for Sales, Marketing and Finance.
As well as working hard we also have a fun and informal company culture. We have a games room, we host hackathons and board game nights. Oh and we take our caffeine consumption really seriously.
We use the right tool for the right job. This means using a variety of languages and frameworks. Our current stack is built with:
- Amazon Web Services with Infrastructure as Code
- Serverless functions, containers and instances
- A mix of NoSQL, SQL and search-index data-stores
- TypeScript, Java, Golang, Python, Ruby
Here's what you'll do when you join
Write clean, high quality code using practises like TDD, SOLID principles, and pair programming.
- Use Continuous Delivery and Infrastructure as Code techniques to make building, deploying, and managing systems easier, faster, and less error prone.
- Learn, debate, and then apply the latest technology and techniques to solve serious engineering problems.
- Continuously seek to incrementally improve the tools, techniques, processes, and practices you use everyday.
- Help build cloud-native systems in AWS.
- Make sure our systems are reliable and scalable.
What we're looking for
For a Junior we don't expect many years of experience. We are looking for someone that has already proven themselves as a developer. We're also looking for someone who has a passion for software engineering, is excited to learn and will be a great team player. We would particularly love you to apply if:
- You have a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical field.
- You understand analysis, design, coding, Design Patterns, OOP and FP concepts.
- You've built software and are comfortable talking about the architecture, frameworks and patterns. You know what you'd do differently next time.
- You're interested in the latest technology and are always evaluating new frameworks and techniques to see what you can learn from them.
- You have an awareness of full stack web including some detail of how HTTP works.
- You have written automated tests and know their importantance.
- You have a keen eye for detail.
- You are eager to learn.
- You are located in / near Middlesbrough or Manchester.
What's in it for you?
So what's in it for you? Aside from using some great technologies and working with smart friendly people who are very generous with their knowledge, we have a great set of benefits to recognise everybody's individual needs.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Employee share options so that everyone can benefit from our success
- Enhanced maternity & paternity policies
- Extra holidays once you've been with us for a while
- The option to purchase additional holidays
- Charity / volunteer days
- Life assurance policy
- Ride to work scheme
- Season ticket advance loans
- Study leave
Amplience is an API-first, headless CMS and DAM in one: a unified platform for commerce content that does everything you need it to. Organize, find and enrich all your assets from a central library. Optimize and automate your product media, images and videos. Plan, schedule, produce and deliver customer experiences. Do it all from the same platform. And do more of it. Better, and faster, than ever.