DevOps Student Internship 2022
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world's most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
Summary / role purpose
Join the Ansys Student Internship Program to apply your education to solve real world engineering problems, advance career skills and experience work at Ansys. The student intern will be part of the DevOps team in Ansys Customer Excellence organization.
He/she will help Ansys create the foundations for a cloud solution delivery model. The topic consists of delivering a Multiphysics simulation automated workflow in a cloud infrastructure. The intern will explore multiple computer science area such as build and deploy containerized applications (microservices architecture), manage the data consistency and redundancy, orchestration, scalability and observability.
The intern will get an opportunity to be exposed to the main challenges faces by enterprises that embrace a cloud transition from monolithic architecture.
The internship will run for 12 months.
- Propose, design and implement software components which meet cloud solutions requirements.
- Initiate the creation of an Ansys ACE containers registry and document the production and consumption of signed images.
- Deliver to non-software developers ready to use templates that enable them to create automation algorithm that can run in a cloud infrastructure
- Create re-usable components that support an automated design process running in cloud.
- Integrate various ANSYS tools and core components as well as third party software into the platform to deliver innovative cloud-based simulation workflows
- Write detailed technical reports and present results to Ansys teams.
Minimum education/certification requirements and experience
- Pursuing a MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering and in their penultimate year of study.
- Motivated to learn. Strong problem solving, communication and time management skills
- Demonstrated skills in writing, understanding, and presenting in fluent English
- Authorized to work in the UK.
- Knowledge of programming languages – Python, C#, JS or TS
- Knowledge of cloud computing and containerization technologies (e.g Docker, Podman, Singularity, …)
- Knowledge of Linux OS and general understanding of IT hardware and systems
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines
- Any experience on Infrastructure as a code tool (e.g Terraform, Otter, …) is a plus.
- Any experience on orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, OpenShift…)
Culture and values
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
Working at Ansys
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it’s about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It’s about the “what’s next” as much as the “mission accomplished”. It’s about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.