Building Surveyor Graduate Programme 2021
At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what’s most important. Because look beyond our projects and programmes and you’ll see it’s about human stories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we’re focused on making an impact where it matters most – and improving quality of life.
About the programme
Our Building Surveyors work at the very heart of every project, making sure that teams and clients work together efficiently, stay motivated and feel empowered to do their best work. You’ll be supported as you take responsibility for delivering industry-defining work that truly transforms the world and improves quality of life.
During this three year programme you will be actively encouraged to experience a variety of service lines and to develop a true understanding about what we can offer our clients. Working with teams from various disciplines you will be expected to own deliverables, liaise with clients and contribute to all aspects of project delivery, managing the success of projects through clear strategy and proactive commitment.
Your future will be defined by the mindset you adopt. It’s about thinking broadly around how you fit in to the bigger picture and taking inspiration from everywhere, every person and every interaction. Every moment is an opportunity to learn and you’ll be encouraged to build the foundations for an exciting and varied career at Arcadis.
You will investigate and identify innovative ways to improve existing processes, incorporating data analysis, monitoring project budgets and preparation of project plans
You’ll benefit from structured training, mentoring and funding and support for accreditations relevant to your programme, and the help you need to develop and succeed.
What we are looking for
We need a mix of perspectives and skills and are looking out for people who: -
- Possess a growth mindset
- Confident and able to influence others
- Innovative and creative
- Agile thinkers
- Those who share our passion to ‘improve quality of life’.
- Keen to learn and develop further skills
- Excited about being part of a new programme
- Conducting site visits for a range of purposes including monitoring progress of works, building surveys, defects analysis and measured surveys
- Assist in the preparation of reports following the above site inspections and providing recommendations on compliance
- Undertake the role of the Contract Administrator / Employers Agent role on projects and lead the management of the design team
- Assist the team in a number of roles such as Independent Certifier or Technical Advisor on a range of projects and provide accurate reporting to the client
- Engagement with all members of the team ensuring strong relationships are formed
- There would be further opportunities to be involved in activities outside of projects, such as charity events, social committee and Emerging Talent recruitment. Thus acting as an Ambassador for the business.
- Demonstrate effective communication;
- Ensuring that senior management have quality information on the progress of each project on a regular basis
- To provide all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner
- A clear-thinking person demonstrating attention to detail who is well organised and can operate independently under a broad direction.
- A team player who can develop and maintain good relationships and gain the confidence of other professionals both within the Company and outside
- A broad thinker who can take a global view and has an inherent ability to ‘get the job done’
- Able to manage own tasks through to conclusion
- Pro-active approach and A flexible attitude
- Able to maintain total confidentiality at all times
- Able to manage priorities, Integrity and honesty
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Innovative and self-motivated
- Commercially aware and financially astute
- Good personal impact
- Competent in the use of all Microsoft packages