Consulting Graduate Programme September 2021
We’re a business built on pushing boundaries and our future will be defined by the mindsets of our people. That’s why we need who can understand and appreciate how they fit into the bigger picture. We’re looking for talented individuals who take inspiration from everywhere - every person and every interaction. We want people who treat every moment as an opportunity to learn.
So, if you’re looking to build a career that can transform your world, Arcadis is the perfect place for you.
About the Programme
Being a Cost Consultant (QS) is about understanding how you fit into the bigger picture. Working in a diverse team of consultants you’ll be cultivating a deep understanding of our sectors building long-term relationships with clients and colleagues and finding ways to improve ways in which we work. You’ll be responsible for your own deliverables, liaising with clients and given every opportunity to build your skillsets.
About the Role
- Rotational programme through sectors and service lines to gain the depth and breadth of skills needed to advance your career
- Working in multi-disciplinary teams delivering industry-leading projects and programmes
- Delivery of cost planning and estimating services for early to detailed design stages of projects, including digital quantification and pricing at various levels of complexity
- Assisting in the preparation of pricing documents in accordance with methods of measurement, preparation of tender and contract documentation.
- Learning and advising on risk and opportunity management, harnessing and articulating value for clients
- Attend project team / site meetings and provide progress updates, including undertaking interim payments as per contract mechanisms.
- Assisting in the preparation of reports and payment certification following site inspections, providing recommendations on compliance and financial control of projects
- Provide regular cost reports to client and all negotiations to do with final accounts.
- Undertaking training with a digital focus, shaping the future of the profession, how we interact with ecosystem partners and continuous improvement in client experience
BSc or BA predicted 2:1 or equivalent or above in any degree subject
If applying from an unrelated degree background you will be required to complete a distance learning MSc conversion course, and will be working towards Chartership.
To be considered for this programme you will need to be on course for achieving a 2:1 in your degree or equivalent. We need a mix of perspectives and skills so there’s no typical degree we’d need you to have, but we are looking out for people who:
- Possess a growth mindset
- Confident and able to influence others
- Innovative and creative
- Agile thinkers
- Those who share our passion to ‘improve quality of life’.
- Keen to learn and develop further skills
- Excited about being part of a new programme
- Potential to grow into an expert in your field
At Arcadis, you’ll have the opportunity to build the career that’s right for you, because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And, as a ‘people ﬁrst’ business, it’s why we’ll take the time to listen, to understand what you want from your time here, and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions. Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community. We are a global business with the opportunities that will allow you to take your career as far as you want to drive it. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Other beneﬁts include membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, ﬂexible working and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.