Management Consulting Placement Scheme 2021
Digitally transforming our future
On our Placement Scheme, join a well-respected team that has a strong reputation for being a world leading consultancy. You'll be part of something big, enjoying all-level support from line managers to senior leaders. We also want you to maintain a healthy work-life balance. So, during our recruitment process, tell us what matters to you. Find out how we support wellbeing in and out of the office – including different ways to be flexible around work. Let's also talk about Diversity & Inclusion, including our recent pledges for Women's Equality, how we're Disability Confident and an Inclusive Employer.
With Atkins, you'll be in great company.
As a Management Consulting placement student, you’ll gain hands-on experience and develop core consulting skills at one of the world’s leading consultancies. Not only will you be joining an exciting and forward-thinking team of highly driven people, you’ll also be working on and contributing to some of the most interesting public and private sector projects shaping the future of the UK.
Our award-winning management consultants work on ground-breaking projects, providing trusted advice and guidance to deliver real world change and benefit. Some of our clients include: Ministry of Defence, Department for Education, Home Office, Heathrow Airport, HS2 and EDF Energy.
At Atkins we offer a world of opportunities from the projects you’ll work on to the directions you can take your career. You’ll take early responsibility for assignments, whether it’s consulting public, private and security clients or providing key market intelligence to grow our business. You’ll benefit from on the job learning and training whilst you’re developing highly sought-after industry skills.
Brilliant minds. World-changing ideas. We’re one of the world’s most prestigious consultancies. With the Atkins placement scheme, you’re in great company.
Where could I work?
Aerospace, Defence, Security & Technology (ADS&T)
Industrial year location: Bristol
Degree requirements: On track to achieve a 2:2 or above Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in virtually any discipline
Joining our Management Consulting placement scheme will provide you with support and training to enable you to drive your career forward. You’ll develop core and specialist consultancy skills through a mixture of client and internal projects, development and training activities. Working both independently and as part of a team, in a mix of environments with guidance from a variety of experienced consultants. From the exciting projects you’ll work on, we’ll challenge you and support your development from day one.
Activities can include, but are not limited to
• Working on projects across government and critical national infrastructure that influence the future of our country
• Delivering value at any stage of the project lifecycle including designing, developing and implementing innovative solutions
• Winning new work by creating compelling bids
• Providing market intelligence that will lead to opportunities for Atkins to grow its services
• Working together with stakeholder communities to build consensus for strategically important changes and assess the impact they may have
You’ll be joining our Transformation & Delivery Consulting practice in one of the following business areas
• Business Consultancy & Transformation – tackles complex business issues, specialising in areas such as strategy, change and culture development
• Programme Delivery – focusses on understanding client objectives to deliver successful outputs and outcomes, using both structured and agile methodologies
• PMO Services & Solutions – provides advisory services and delivers the implementation and optimisation of portfolio, programme or project management offices (PMOs)
What you can bring
• An understanding of the consultancy environment
• Enthusiasm to drive your own career development, as well as motivation for self-directed learning
• Be curious in your thinking and apply your technical knowledge to analyse problems and pushg boundaries to create innovative solutions
• Drive and determination to achieve professional accreditation
• An interest and ability to adapt to the changing world, new technology and being open to flexible and agile ways of working
• A desire to develop relationship building skills with clients and internal stakeholders
• Confidence to work on your own initiative as well as being part of a multidisciplinary team
Meeting your needs
We've created a rewards package to fit around your study, career and personal needs. Enjoy benefits such as flexible holidays, tailored career development and a strong support network. Each year, our top performing placement students (who’ve done at least 8 weeks on placement with us) have the opportunity to be nominated onto our Graduate Development Programme.
How do I apply?
Click "Apply Now" below to register your details and start your application journey. To find out more and for advice on how to play to your strengths, visit us on Connectr.
We want you to perform at your best at each stage of our recruitment process and can make adjustments to ensure this. So, whether you consider yourself to have a disability or not, or would simply like to know how we can support you better, please contact us confidentially on email@example.com.
Our deadline for applications is Friday 9th April 2021. Remember, our programmes are incredibly popular, and some roles may close early. So, avoid disappointment by getting your application in as soon as possible.
If successful, applicants can expect to start their Industrial Placement Programme in September 2021.
More about us
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years' design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll join a team of people who ask questions, who dare to see things differently and want to build a better world.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.