Safety and Reliability Industrial Placement 2021
On our Placement Scheme, join a well-respected team that has a strong reputation in the engineering industry. You'll be part of something big, enjoying all-level support from line managers to senior leaders. We also want you to maintain a healthy work-life balance. So, during our recruitment process, tell us what matters to you. Find out how we support wellbeing in and out of the office – including different ways to be flexible around work. Let's also talk about Diversity & Inclusion, including our recent pledges for Women's Equality, how we're Disability Confident and an Inclusive Employer.
With Atkins, you'll be in great company.
Join us as a Safety and Reliability Engineering placement student and enjoy exposure to a wide variety of industries, clients and projects. With an unwavering commitment to safety, quality and efficiency, we’re well positioned to add value to today’s challenges of advising on safer communities, we believe that safety and operational excellence should be at the heart of everything we do.
Where you could work
As a placement student, you could find yourself in one of the following business areas:
Aerospace, Defence, Security & Technology (ADS&T) – Resilience Engineering
Industrial year locations: Aldershot, Bristol
Joining our ADS&T Division will mean that you are able to work with teams across multiple sectors in Resilience Engineering - making the world, systems and infrastructure Safe, Secure and Sustainable through Safety Engineering and Asset & Data Analytics.
Nuclear and Power
Summer placement locations: Bristol, Epsom
Industrial year locations: Epsom, Warrington
Join the teams that have been engineering, delivering, managing and decommissioning nuclear facilities worldwide for over 20 years, from new builds like Hinkley Point C to on-site engineering for clients such as EDF. We're driving evolution in the areas of offshore generation and transmission, energy from waste, electric vehicle infrastructure and the integration of smart grid technology. And we're also proud to play a part in reaching net-zero by 2050.
What you can bring
- An understanding of the consultancy environment
- Enthusiasm to drive your own career development, as well as motivation for self-directed learning
- Drive and determination to achieve professional accreditation
- An interest and ability to adapt to the changing world, new technology and being open to flexible and agile ways of working
- Be curious in your thinking and apply your technical knowledge to analyse problems and create innovative solutions
- A desire to develop relationship building skills with clients and internal stakeholders
- Confidence to work on your own initiative as well as being part of a multidisciplinary team
Meeting your needs
We've created a rewards package to fit around your study, career and personal needs. Enjoy benefits such as flexible holidays, tailored career development and a strong support network. Each year, our top performing placement students (who’ve done at least 8 weeks on placement with us) have the opportunity to be nominated onto our Graduate Development Programme.