Technical Graduate Scheme 2021
As an inclusive, forward thinking business, we take pride in our approach to Technical across Avara Foods and are looking for a highly competent and motivated Technical Graduate to be part of a high-performance team. You will be a key part of our operation, based initially at one of our advanced manufacturing sites located at Hereford, Brackley (Northamptonshire) or Telford (Shropshire).
- Do you have an ambitious nature that strives towards high performance?
- Personal integrity to pursue a career for life in an industry that will continue to grow?
- Willing to be inclusive and embracing of a diverse forward-thinking business?
- Feel you have the excellence to drive innovation through dedication and hard work?
- Looking for a company you want to work with and for?
Purpose of the role
Our technical teams make sure we continue to produce the best products we can, by meeting our own and the industry’s high standards to ensure we develop and manufacture safe, high-quality products for our customers and the consumer.
As a Technical Graduate you will be joining our Technical function on a 3 year varied programme where you will rotate around 2 or 3 sites and departments, learning and working as part of our technical teams within our Primary and Processing Operations, Agriculture, Compliance and our Laboratories. You will develop your skills and raise your strategic awareness, with the aim of becoming a key member of the site technical team.
Key responsibilities of the role
Working within a fast paced and diverse environment, this role will be varied and at times challenging, and is based within the factory and office, depending on the role. You will interact with multiple business functions and key stakeholders, both internally and externally.
Over your programme, you will spend time and rotate within our Technical function, to give you a well-rounded understanding of our how our technical operations work and learning firsthand from the high-performance teams around you. You will develop an in-depth knowledge of technical processes including Quality, Technical Services, Audit processes, Compliance, Food safety standards, and an opportunity to get involved in technical projects, whilst growing your people skills.
What we are looking for
- We are looking for a driven and ambitious Technical graduate to join our team. To be successful you will:
- Have achieved a 2:2 degree (or higher) in a Food related subject (such as Food Technology, NPD, Food Science) or with a science bias, and CCC (or higher) at A-Level
- Have an inquisitive and forward-thinking mindset, who is always looking to learn and develop
- Demonstrate a passion for continuous improvement and lean principles
- The ability to communicate confidently and effectively across all levels of the business
- Be confident in building effective working relationships and working as part of a team.
- Be able to pick up and deliver projects, with the ability to work unsupervised
- Have a flexible approach and responsible attitude to work and driving development
What’s in it for you?
As a Technical Graduate, we want you to feel supported and inspired to be the best version of yourself and progress your career with us. Your training and development will comprise of both structured graduate development, including a comprehensive mentoring and coaching network, as well as specific technical training to support you in your role.
You can also look forward to benefits that amongst other things include the following:
- £26,000 starting salary
- A real job from day one, with responsibility where you can have an influential impact
- Pension Scheme
- Enjoy a secure, supportive and progressive working environment, where your contribution and achievements will be recognised and rewarded.
- Lifestyle benefits such as exclusive perks and discounted shopping vouchers, wellbeing support and discounted gym membership
- •2 days holiday plus bank holidays (raising to 25 days over duration of employment)
- Relocation Support, the business will support Graduates when relocating to a new area for a role
- Structured Graduate Development Pathway and opportunity for qualifications and training in line with career aspirations
A little about us
Avara Foods is one of the UK’s largest food businesses, supplying chicken and turkey to the nation’s most popular supermarkets and restaurants. We are a fully integrated business controlling the whole product supply chain, which include feed mills, farms, hatcheries and factories with associated transport and logistics functions that employ more than 7000 people. This is achieved by investing in people, utilising the latest technology and being uncompromising in our commitment to high quality and food standards.
All our facilities are Covid secure, with protective measures and precautions in place to keep our people safe which include:
- Virtual interview process
- Daily temperature screening
- Social distancing measures – including floor markers and 2m separation where possible
- Screens and barriers installed at workstations and canteens
- Face coverings required in all shared spaces
- Increased cleaning regimes across sites
- Virtual meetings and remote working
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer.