Graduate Facilities Engineer Naval Ships Glasgow 2022
As a Graduate within the Facilities Management team your role will be to ensure our Naval Ships sites are operating at maximum efficiency by delivering high value project management for capital and revenue facilities expenditure projects (Civil / Mechanical / Electrical / Space Planning / Strategic). Alongside this, you will coordinate site access, maintain data integrity, reporting, governance and control of your scoped work and ensure regular communication with your designated Contractors.
What you'll do
Follow you passion with the following responsibilities
- Working collaboratively within the teams you will support and implement selected construction and non-construction projects of varying value, size, and complexity across the business to meet customer expectations and deliverable requirements.
- Preparation of feasibility studies and preparation and delivery of presentations to support senior management decision making processes.
- Prepare analysis and collate data (including the feasibility of resources) to support the effective development of more detailed plans.
- Gather data, update project plans and generate projects progress reports on behalf of the Facilities Manager.
- Preparation and Submission of Robust Financial Applications.
- Development of feasibility studies and preparation and delivery of presentations to senior management.
- Develop appropriate procedures and codes of practice for Facilities Management
As a minimum requirement you need to have obtained, or have predicted to obtain, a 2:2 in your Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
What we have on offer for you!
Take your first steps in a career that motivates, rewards and evolves. At BAE Systems you’ll be working on exciting, pioneering engineering and business projects from day one. Our graduate scheme will prepare you with the skills you need to navigate situations that bring others to a standstill. We will help you make the very most of your talents. We place great importance not only on what we do, but how and why we do it. We are passionate, collaborative, and take pride in work that helps our customers and communities. Working for BAE Systems, you’ll go home at the end of each day knowing what you do really makes a difference.
Security/ export control
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Working with us
At BAE we want to be the leading employer in defence and security for valuing diversity and inclusion. We care about difference in all forms and want to create an inclusive environment where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently under-represented within our industry, including women, people from ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to be a preferred home for veterans and reservists.