Maritime Services ILS Maintenance Graduate Engineer Glasgow 2021
We design and manufacture naval ships and submarines, as well as their state of the art combat systems and equipment. We also offer an array of associated services, including training solutions, maintenance and modernisation programmes to support ships and equipment in service around the world and the management of supporting infrastructure.
- Working on the Type 26 Frigate programme
- Review system schematics and look at causes of failure with complex systems
- Develop and review mitigations to prevent failure and maintain operability and availability
- Utilisation of the Royal Navy’s maintenance management systems and processes
- Engagement with Royal Navy, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), design leads, supply chain and other support functions
- Production of equipment removal routes
- Production of maintenance task instructions across all equipment life cycles
What makes this role interesting
The T26 is the most complex warship the Royal Navy has entered into service. The support team will derive the maintenance required to maintain mission profile and to ensure the platforms are safe to operate and maintain. The team is across three sites (Portsmouth, Filton and Glasgow) attendance at all three sites will be required during placement. Ship visits will also be key during the build phase. You will be interrogating platform systems from propulsion through to boats and weapons. You will be interacting across many stakeholders – manufactures, customers, test and commissioning, design, supply chain and Lloyds so communications skills are key. The majority of the products produced by Support will still be used as the platform ends its life (disposal).
You will be deriving how the maintainers do their jobs – what they do, when and how they do it. This is the beginning of a process that then links technical documentation, spares, tools, facilities, defect reporting and all other support data.
- To apply, you will need to be on course for achieving a 2:2 in an Engineering subject with a electrical or mechanical bias
Security/ Export Control statement
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions.
Diversity & Inclusion Statement
We are an inclusive employer. Recruiting, retaining and inspiring the best people from the widest pool is vitally important to us. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements you may need to support your application.