Engineering & Technology Industrial Placement 2021
The Baker Hughes Internship is designed to enable undergraduates pursing a Bachelors or Masters degree to gain hands-on work experience as the foundation of their professional lives. Our internships will give you first-hand insights into the processes, systems and practices that are aligned to ensure customer needs are met through flawless execution and the application of leading-edge technology.
Partner with the best
Our internship will provide you with the opportunity to become familiar with Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E). You'll participate in technically focused training, team meetings and work on projects and present your results. During your internship you will be supported by a buddy and your manager who will ensure that you have a valuable learning experience.
As an Intern, you will be responsible for:
- Receiving coaching and mentoring to enable you to complete assignments and projects to develop your learning and skillset
- Completing internal projects to deliver customer outcomes and identify business improvements
- Learning internal software to assist with the completion of projects and tasks
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams and interns to interact and network with global business leaders
- Applying Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) standards and procedures in all situations to ensure compliance is maintained
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be currently enrolled in or recently graduated from a Master Degree in one of the following disciplines: Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Energy Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Automation/Control/Robotics Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Science Engineering, Mathematics Engineering, Mathematics or Physics.
- Have maintained a GPA grade greater than or equal to 3.0 out of 4.0 or the equivalent in your country
- Be in your in your final or penultimate year of degree studies
- Be fluent in oral and written English
- Have the legal right to work without restrictions in a full time capacity
Engineering & Technology
Working in strict collaboration with Engineering People Leaders you will help Baker Hughes to lead the energy transition and the industry digitalization. You will be assigned to a technical project in one of the following disciplines: Combustion, Materials, Operability, Fluid Mechanics, Thermodynamics, Fluid Dynamics, Heat Transfer, Performance, Rotor Dynamics, Structural Analysis, Electrical, Artificial Intelligence, Advanced Sensors, Robotics, Control and Automation, Digital Technology, Software, Analytics & App Development.
After completing this Internship you may have the opportunity to access to our early-career development program, designed to attract and retain students who are ready to help us deliver innovative outcomes to our customers.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. In this role, we can confidently offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Talk to us about your desired working options when you apply
Working at Baker Hughes means being at the forefront of the energy transition. Our people are diverse, ambitious and collaborative. We’re on a mission to redefine the energy sector by unlocking the power of engineering, data and science.
Our inventions have revolutionised energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace challenge with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Generous annual leave and money to spend on wellbeing activities
- Life assurance and income protection
- Private medical cover
- A defined contributory savings plan
- Additional elected benefits.