Electrical Design Engineer Industrial Placements 2024
Become Part of the Next Generation at Balfour Beatty!
Are you looking gain valuable experience as part of your studies? Our Year In Industry Placement programme gives you the opportunity to challenge yourself and be part of the solution to make the world work better.
The Year In Industry programme we offer has been carefully developed by the business so that you will become the best professional you can be. We want to bring out the best of your abilities whilst giving you a deep insight into the world of Infrastructure Engineering so then you can be the catalyst for change.
You'll learn. You'll gain skills. You'll explore our business and our sectors having real control over where you go and what you experience next. And you'll do it all as part of a busy community of Apprentices, Year in Industry students and Graduates.
Our application window for Year In Industry Placements is open now, until midnight on 31st January 2024
What you will be doing
- Working withhigh and low voltage equipment(400V up to 400kV)
- Managing power generation, transmission and distribution projects
- Designing systems and products which may include substation or cabling design
- Working with renewable energy sources
- Carrying out feasibility studies for new technical developments
- Drawing up project plans, making models, prototypes and circuit diagrams
- Estimating timescales
- Overseeing the work of technicians, designers and CAD
- Factory Acceptance Testing of designs and systems
- Making sure projects meet safety regulations
- Liaising with clients
These roles are available in Leeds and Dartford,
What we expect from you
- Be studying for a degree in Electrical Engineering or similar
- Eligibility to work and live in the UK at the time of joining
- Ideally expect to hold a full UK drivers licence at the time of joining (September 2024)
- A flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change and working environments (you may be required to relocate as part of the programme)
- A commitment to not only operate within a professional role, but to attend and apply yourself to all elements of the Programme
- A team focus with the ability to communicate and build strong relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels.
Our recruitment journey
To ensure you feel prepared and informed at each stage of our recruitment journey, we wanted to share with you our three key stages.
Stage one: getting to know you
We are curious as to how you think and respond in certain situations, your natural preferences, the way you navigate environments and how you interact with others.
To help us explore this, we will be asking you to complete a short questionnaire which looks at behaviours, preferences, and experiences in relation to different aspects of your working/professional life.
Stage two: One way video Interview
This next stage is a one-way video interview where you will be asked three questions virtually either via sound or in written form. Instead of responding to a person, we would like you to use your computer, mobile or tablets camera to record and submit your answers.
There is no preparation required for this part of the process and for assurance, all video interviews are reviewed by our amazing Early Careers recruitment team who are all humans.
Stage three: In-person or online interview
This is the final stage of our recruitment journey and is where we get to meet you in person, either in one of our offices, or online via Teams.
For us the most exciting part as we love hearing all about you. We also want to ensure you are getting the most out of your recruitment journey, so it's important you are curious and ask us questions too!
We are more than construction. Every day, our projects change the way the world looks and improve the way it works. And because we do more, you will too! So don't hesitate, our application window is only until midnight on 31st January 2024. If you think you can make a difference here at Balfour Beatty then apply today!
At Balfour Beatty we believe that diversity and inclusion are essential components of any successful, happy workplace. Through our Value Everyone D&I Strategy and Action Plan, we are growing our diverse workforce and developing our inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential. Our Smart Working policy enables employees to work flexibly where operationally possible and we would be happy to explore this with you.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with disabled people and people with long-term health conditions, to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.