Graduate Mechanical Engineer Derby and York 2021
We’re looking for a Graduate Mechanical Engineer to join our Omnicom Rail team, in either our Derby or York office.
You will be part of a multi-disciplined team of engineers, developers and mathematicians pulling together to create inventive and high-performance solutions for a worldwide market.
We've designed our two-year Technical Graduate Scheme to start your journey towards becoming an industry expert. So, expect well-structured training, incredible projects, talented colleagues and loads of hands-on experience. You will follow a development programme that will equip you with the skills needed to become a business leader of the future. Throughout the two years, you'll be supported by your line manager and have the opportunity to attend graduate-based events, where you will work with your peers, develop interpersonal skills and share best practice. You will join a graduate cohort and be assigned Business Improvement and Corporate Social Responsibility Projects that can affect the way we work as a business.Our Mechanical Engineering Graduates follow a training programme as part of our accredited IMechE scheme, geared towards you achieving Chartered Engineer status.
Our engineers find physical answers to some of the biggest challenges in our industry. Join them, and you’ll find yourself shaping projects that redefine skylines and fuel societies. Your day to day responsibilities may include:
- Assessing project requirements
- Measuring the performance of mechanical components, devices and engines
- Agreeing budgets, timescales and specifications with clients and managers
- Maintaining and modifying equipment to ensure that it is safe, reliable and efficient
- Using computer-aided design/modelling software
- Liaising with suppliers
- Undertaking relevant research
- Producing and implementing designs and test procedures
- Presenting designs to managers and clients
- Testing, evaluating, modifying and re-testing products
- Writing reports and documentation
- Providing technical advice
- Analysing and interpreting data
What we’re looking for
- A flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change
- A team focus with the ability to communicate and build strong relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
- A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative and influence decision making
What you’ll need
- A minimum of a 2:2 BEng (Hons) or BSc (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering
- Ideally have experience within an engineering environment
- Demonstrate a passion for getting the right solutions to real engineering problems
- Have a team-focus with the ability to communicate and build relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
- Have a flexible approach to work and ability to adapt to change
- Eligibility to work permanently in the UK
- A full, clean UK driving licence
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary that is reviewed annually based on performance. You will have the opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme, flexible benefits package and you may be entitled to a company car, if applicable to the role. Your professional institution fees will also be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Graduate and what’s involved in the scheme, visit our website here to learn more.