Audit Virtual Summer Insight Week Bristol 2021
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
Our Virtual Summer Insight Week Programme is tailored to give you all the experience and insight you need to decide whether our graduate programme is for you. You’ll gain an insight into your chosen business area and new valuable skills. We will give you the opportunity to look at how we work and where you could fit in.
Our Virtual Summer Insight Week has helped many engaged students weigh up their options on what to do when they finish University. During this week you will gain some valuable insight and new skills to add to your CV – plus some valuable contacts. Even more importantly, you’ll have gained a real understanding of how a professional services firm operates.
- Valuable skills to add to your CV
- The chance to network and build relationships
- An understanding of what a Graduate programme at BDO is really like
- A deeper understanding of how our business works including knowledge of our different programmes – Audit, Tax, Advisory and Business Services and Outsourcing
- A head start on your career – with an opportunity to receive a permanent job offer from us with a place on our 2022 Graduate Scheme, if successful
Our undergraduate Virtual Summer Insight Week will be run Monday, 12th July to Friday, 16th July. The week will start with a welcome session giving you the opportunity to network with your peers and our brilliant people. You will be allocated a buddy for the week and learn about your chosen team. You will gain an understanding of how can you progress your career with BDO and what professional qualification paths you can choose with us. You'll take part in Introduction into Tax and Audit training as well as webinars, projects and networking sessions. All of these activities will give you a strong understanding of what a graduate role at BDO involves.
During the week we'll invite you to take part in a presentation and interview, giving you an opportunity to secure a 2022 graduate role with us once you complete your university degree.
This programme is for penultimate year students studying at a UK university with:
- A predicted 2:2 or higher degree classification
- Three A-levels or equivalent at A* to C excluding General Studies and Extended Projects (obtained or predicted)
- 9 to 4 in Maths and English at GCSE/Scottish Standards or equivalent (non-UK qualifications also considered)
The application process
To get a place on the programme you will need to complete our application form. If you meet our eligibility requirements, you will be invited to complete a virtual online test and video interview. After this is the last stage of the application process which is a Virtual Assessment Centre which consists of 4 different activities - group exercise, written exercise, presentation and interview.
- The opportunity to meet BDO Partners, Managers and current trainees
- Network with other trainees – both school leavers and graduates – through social and internal events
- You will work on a team project
- You will develop an understanding of how a professional services firm operates, so you can make an informed career decision
- You will get the chance to build contacts and networks with BDO
- You may secure a place on our Graduate programme which involves working towards a professional qualification