Data Research Graduate Internship Remote 2021
Do you have an analytical mind and get satisfaction from ticking things off? Are you looking for an entry level role in a fun, friendly team?
Unlike your average internship, we won’t be asking you to make the coffee! You’ll get stuck into hands on, important work from day one, and learn lots about the most exciting companies in the UK. As a Data Intern, you’ll receive excellent training on our processes, conduct research into the start-up and scale-up space, and help populate our platform with data that is used by government bodies, investors and salespeople alike.
We’ve built an enormous data set of the UK’s most ambitious companies, outlining everything from key people, investors, company news & financial records to name a few… One of the reasons we’ve been successful is because we keep it all up to date, often reporting news before the media gets their hands on it! Among other things, this allows our clients to stay ahead of their competitors, as well as helping young businesses to receive investment at the right time.
Our data team is vital in ensuring our data is of excellent quality. We’re on a mission to track companies that we don’t track (but should), add even more data points on these companies & a whole range of other important projects. To keep up with all of this growth, we need more lovely faces to join our Data team!
As a Data Intern (internal job title!), you’ll be carrying out a broad range of tasks. To name a few (but not limited to!):
- Researching companies and writing descriptions of what they do/information around them
- Comparing news articles, social media feeds & other sources to decide what is happening within different companies, e.g. have they been affected by Covid?
- Updating various spreadsheets and online tools, checking boxes and making judgements!
- Learning how to interpret financial documents
Your work will be essential in helping our clients. The data you curate could be used to choose which new start-up to invest in, find out who to contact in a partnership or define new government policies to name a few!
This is a paid internship for 6 months offering £300 p/w alongside an in-depth training programme (ongoing for 3 months!). After that there is a good chance you’ll be promoted into a full time role if you want to stay on, at which point your salary will jump up.
As well as a lovely culture, we want to keep our team happy and healthy. So, as part of this, you’ll also get:
- Flexible working: Fully remote set-up
- Wellbeing: Access to a range of coaches & counsellors if/when you need it
- Training: Structured onboarding and regular training over Zoom!
- Socials: Drinks in the office, company away days and regular virtual and in-person events
This is an entry-level position that will suit someone with a degree/relevant experience or due to graduate this year (2021). You can work completely remotely if you like, but if you’d be keen to come into the office sometime, you’re more than welcome to!
Our data team includes a huge range of backgrounds so we’re not fussy about your experience/degree subject. We’re happy to get you up to speed whatever level you’re at.
At the very least, you will need to have/be:
- Excellent written communication. Including correct use of spelling and grammar.
- Autonomous - you’re happy to work independently and like figuring stuff out for yourself
- Naturally organised with a keen eye for detail
- Friendly with a good sense of humour! :)
Nice to have (but not essential):
- Experience in research
- Experience with data entry/administration
We are the market-leader for tracking and understanding the most exciting companies in the UK. Through a combination of people power and machine learning, our platform helps over 20 different industries invest in, understand, and partner with these exciting businesses.
We’ve grown quickly over the past few years and have exciting plans to continue on this path, including increasing our headcount by 30% in 2021, launching additional products that use our data and potentially expanding internationally.
Other than the product, our real key to our success is our wonderful team. Based in the heart of Nottingham, we’re a close-knit group with a range of individual interests and quirks - from bakers, to artists, to beer-brewers to gamers, everyone plays a part in helping to grow our business.
Ticking all the boxes?
To apply please submit:
- Your updated CV
- A cover letter telling us what excites you about the role and Beauhurst!
- Answers to a couple of simple screening questions below
Please note that applications with no cover letter or a generic cover letter will be automatically rejected.