To ensure the timely and accurate administration and processing of claims in order to help achieve the Beazley vision of being the highest performing specialist insurer. This will be done through proactively assisting Claims Managers in their management of claims, so as to achieve high levels of satisfaction for the insured and broker through high quality claim management, resolution and excellent client service.
Provide organizational and administrative support to Claims Managers, specifically:
- Assist the Claims Managers by preparing documentation to help them evaluate and report on specific claims.
- Where necessary, produce and maintain spreadsheets, bordereaux and databases to enhance data presentation, analysis, and storage.
- Liaise with service providers, brokers and other stakeholders to support the effective management of claims.
- Where appropriate, assist in the review of claims.
- Assist with the necessary auditing and reviewing of internal and external claim files.
- Participate in cross-team and intra-team projects, as required.
- Provide input to underwriters during the review of existing Insureds’ claims experience.
- Comply with standards for timeliness of contact, follow-up and payments.
- Prepare claims summaries and respond promptly to reinsurance queries.
- Build effective working relationships with other team members.
- Identify and/or respond to requests for support for assistance from the wider group.
- Promote the Beazley brand of excellence and professionalism in client service and build positive relations with our brokers and insureds.
Authority & Minimum Standards observance
- Do not represent to anyone internally or externally that you have the authority to manage, reserve or settle claims and refer any requests for decisions on these issues to a Claims Manager with the necessary authority.
- Have thorough knowledge of industry regulations and minimum standards to ensure compliance with the regulations and Beazley’s claims control standards and protocols.
Conflicts of Interest
- Adhere to Beazley’s Conflicts of Interest policy, alert the appropriate person to any potential conflicts of interest and take steps to resolve them promptly.
- Immediately advise your Claims Team leader or Group Head of Claims if you observe any Beazley employee seeking to exert undue influence on another team member to act improperly in the management, reserving or settlement of any claim.
At Beazley we are committed to doing the right thing because it is the right thing to do. It is important that within all your interactions both internally and externally you adhere to this principle through adoption of Beazley’s core values and behaviors – PIED and Being Beazley.
- Adopt the Beazley culture of Professionalism, Integrity, Effectiveness and Dynamic that contributes to an internal environment of teamwork and promote a positive brand image and experience to our external customers.
- Comply with Beazley procedures, policies and regulations including the code of conduct. Undertake training on Beazley policies and procedures as delivered by your line manager, the talent management or assurance teams (compliance, risk, internal audit) either directly, via e-learning or the learning management system.
- Display business ethics that uphold the interests of all our customers.
- Ensure all interactions with customers are focused on delivering a fair outcome, including having the right products for their needs.
- Comply with any specific responsibilities necessary for your role as outlined by your line manager, talent management or assurance teams (compliance, risk, internal audit) and ensure you keep up to date with developments in these areas. This may include, amongst others, Beazley’s underwriting control standards, Beazley’s claims control standards, other Beazley standards and customer relationship management.
- Carry out additional responsibilities as individually notified, either through your objectives or through the learning management system. These may include membership of any Beazley committees or working groups.
Skills and Abilities
- Analytical skills: Problem solving (broad-based, analytical, conceptual, creativity), Analysis of financial statements, Financial assessments of claims, Data analysis, Decision-making
- Work management skills: Time and workload management, Self-starter, Planning, Achievement orientation, Productivity focus
- Interpersonal skills: Ability to influence others, Client and broker management skills, Purposeful communication, Flexibility, Active listening
Knowledge and Experience
- Functional knowledge & understanding: Claims management process, basic understanding of relevant focus group claims
Aptitude and Disposition
- Outcome focused, self-motivated, flexible and enthusiastic
- Professional approach to successfully interact with senior management/ colleagues/ external suppliers
- Influencing others
- Attention to detail
- Team work
- Analytical thinking
- Managing resources effectively
- Technical competency and expertise