To assist the Exposure Management team in providing and ensuring aggregate data within Property is accurate, complete and entered on a timely basis whilst providing aggregate analysis support to the Underwriting teams.
- Assist in the delivery of an effective and efficient aggregation function for Property
- Enter location data into RMS / Sequel Impact aggregation system
- Enter policy data including perils, sub-limits and deductibles into RMS / Sequel Impact
- Cleanse schedule location data to ensure aggregate data is accurate & complete.
- Update Aggregate Workflow system at various stages of the process.
- Update RMS / Sequel Impact when policies are endorsed.
- Liaise with underwriting assistants / brokers & binder teams to obtain location data.
- Run and maintain suite of integrity reports to ensure aggregate data is complete and accurate.
- Quality control aggregate data entered into RMS / Sequel Impact
- Interact with the underwriting support function, ie claims, risk, compliance, to source information when necessary
- Assist in routine reporting for Property including pre-binding aggregation analysis, aggregate reports and exposure data requests as necessary
- Assist with internal and external Realistic Disaster Scenario (RDS) returns
At Beazley we are committed to doing the right thing because it is the right thing to do. It is important that within all your interactions both internally and externally you adhere to this principle through adoption of Beazley’s core values and behaviours – PIED and Being Beazley.
- Adopt the Beazley culture of Professionalism, Integrity, Effectiveness and Dynamic that contributes to an internal environment of teamwork and promote a positive brand image and experience to our external customers.
- Comply with Beazley procedures, policies and regulations including the code of conduct which incorporates the PRA and FCA Conduct Rules. Undertake training on Beazley policies and procedures as delivered by your line manager, Culture & People or assurance teams (compliance, risk, internal audit) either directly, via e-learning or the learning management system.
- Display business ethics that uphold the interests of all our customers.
- Ensure all interactions with customers are focused on delivering a fair outcome, including having the right products for their needs.
- Comply with any specific responsibilities necessary for your role as outlined by your line manager, the Culture & People or assurance teams (compliance, risk, internal audit) and ensure you keep up to date with developments in these areas. This may include, amongst others, Beazley’s underwriting control standards, Beazley’s claims control standards, other Beazley standards and customer relationship management.
- Carry out additional responsibilities as individually notified, either through your objectives or through the learning management system. These may include membership of any Beazley committees or working groups.
Skills and Abilities
- Accurate and numerate with attention to detail
- Strong computer skills – Advanced Excel, & Access
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to manage own time and prioritise work
Knowledge and Experience
- Coding skills (SQL, R) preferred but not essential
Aptitude and Disposition
- Flexible and enthusiastic
- Speed and Quality
- Time Management