HR Service Delivery Manager 2021
We are a specialist insurer with three decades of experience in providing clients with the highest standards of underwriting and claims service worldwide. Beazley is a proud participant in the Lloyd's market, the largest and oldest insurance market in the world. Through the Lloyd's broker network and the market's trading licences, we are able to access a wide range of insurance and reinsurance businesses from around the world.
Lead a global HR Service Delivery team to provide a customer-centric HR operations service to all employees across the business. Encourage a culture of continuous improvement within the HR Service Delivery team, using data to measure and monitor activities, including service levels.
HR operations and service
- Responsible for the full employee HR operational lifecycle globally – new starters, onboarding, processing employee personal data, leaves of absence, learning and development and leavers.
- Ensure regular review of processes, striving for global consistency where it makes sense.
- Work closely with Head of Employee Experience and HR Business Partners to ensure an effective flow of communication to best support the business, and regular service reviews.
- Implement global SLAs in respect of central in-box management. Monitor and measure performance and take corrective action where necessary.
- Oversee global payroll processes to ensure that payroll is delivered in a timely and compliant manner.
- Manage processes relating to international assignments and secondments.
- Set up appropriate reporting and controls to support HR operational processes e.g. capacity management.
- Work closely with the reward team to support the annual salary and incentive review process, and the administration of all other aspects of compensation and pay management.
- In conjunction with the reward team, support with global annual benefits reviews, and ensure operations have appropriate processes to administrator benefits for all employees.
- Working closely with Governance and Planning Manager, lead and implement HR operations processes that meet regulatory requirements, in particular but not limited to the FCA/PRA (UK) and CBI (Ireland).
- Implement robust global processes for regular review and updating of employee handbooks and communication of changes to the C&P team, and the wider business.
- Manage relationship with third party vendors e.g. tax advisors, employment lawyers.
- Monitor UK & ROW HR operations budgets.
- Take responsibility for HR operational and payroll audits.
Systems and data
- Support the Service Development team in the implementation and maintenance of the HR systems infrastructure.
- Support with the governance and improvements of our HR systems.
- Responsible for quality and timely maintenance of data in HR systems via all operational processes for payroll, benefits and personal employee data.
- Working with Data and Systems Manager, develop and drive out improvements in HR reporting and analytics
- Resolve system and processing problems, and communicate with vendors and employees proactively
- Produce regular and ad hoc management information reports as required
At Beazley we are committed to doing the right thing because it is the right thing to do. It is important that within all your interactions both internally and externally you adhere to this principle through adoption of Beazley’s core values and behaviours – PIED and Being Beazley.
- Adopt the Beazley culture of Professionalism, Integrity, Effectiveness and Dynamic that contributes to an internal environment of teamwork and promote a positive brand image and experience to our external customers.
- Comply with Beazley procedures, policies and regulations including the code of conduct. Undertake training on Beazley policies and procedures as delivered by your line manager, the Culture & People development or assurance teams (compliance, risk, internal audit) either directly, via e-learning or the learning management system.
- Display business ethics that uphold the interests of all our customers.
- Ensure all interactions with customers are focused on delivering a fair outcome, including having the right products for their needs.
- Comply with any specific responsibilities necessary for your role as outlined by your line manager, the Culture and People or assurance teams (compliance, risk, internal audit) and ensure you keep up to date with developments in these areas. This may include, amongst others, Beazley’s underwriting control standards, Beazley’s claims control standards, other Beazley standards and customer relationship management.
- Carry out additional responsibilities as individually notified, either through your objectives or through the learning management system. These may include membership of any Beazley committees or working groups.
Skills and Abilities
- Accurate and numerate
- Computer skills – good working knowledge of MS Office, intermediate Excel and maintaining information systems
- Able to communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in writing
- Motivational skills, team worker as well as able to work on own initiative
- The ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritise
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience in HR operations and service
- Experience of managing and leading a remote team
- Experience operating in a global organisation
- Knowledge of HR policies and regulations, ideally globally
- Customer service experience
- Knowledge of GDPR
Aptitude and Disposition
- Hands-on approach
- Data focused
- Embracing and leading change
- Outcome focussed, self-motivated, flexible and enthusiastic
- Professional approach to successfully interact with managers/colleagues/external suppliers
- A passion for people and culture
- Achievement drive
- Analytical thinking
- Customer focus
- Interpersonal understanding
- Team working